• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

Can you imagine what the Action 1 will go for if a Supe 6 in 8.5 goes for about 55k?

It already is at about 200k!

There's no correlation there. Supes #6 is a nothing book in the scheme of things. That was just two people with more money than patience duking it out.

I'm pretty sure as well that the Superman #4 and #6 bidding were all a joke. If you're a member of Heritage, you know that there is an auction archive provided to help you with estimates on what more or less each book goes for in the current market. So, the $55k winning bid does not make sense to me nor will I believe that the sale will take place.

I have had bad luck with it..It didnt sell on clink or Heritage.The book represents the actual first conceptualization of Superman by his creators.The 1st time the word Superman was used and the 1st Superman story 5 years before Action 1..He started out as a villian..

I have had bad luck with it..It didnt sell on clink or Heritage.The book represents the actual first conceptualization of Superman by his creators.The 1st time the word Superman was used and the 1st Superman story 5 years before Action 1..He started out as a villian..

Peter it's a great piece and it will find a home.

(thumbs u

Well im not desperate to sell it.Wanted to be liquid for the Metro Auction but its a piece ill hold on to for another 10 years..There are only 4 copies ya know.

I dont know why but I felt a sence of embarrasment when it came up on the block and there was total silence on the bidding floor for the duration of the auction.

I think it was the only item that didnt sell. I had to put a 30k reserve to at least protect my original investment of 47k.I could not chance taking a huge loss with no reserve which it looks like was going to happen.

Peter, you can use the time you have the piece for to get the piece out there a bit and help people understand what it is. There are a lot of people who have no clue. I didn't until I saw you selling it and think it's truly a spectacular piece that will be appreciated by someone once they realize it's significance....the inspiration to Action #1.

People...even seasoned collectors sometimes need to be enlightened.

R.

Peter, you can use the time you have the piece for to get the piece out there a bit and help people understand what it is. There are a lot of people who have no clue. I didn't until I saw you selling it and think it's truly a spectacular piece that will be appreciated by someone once they realize it's significance....the inspiration to Action #1.

People...even seasoned collectors sometimes need to be enlightened.

R.

yeah that's exactly what I was getting at too in my post above. It just really needs some love and for the wonderful story behind the piece to be brought forward a bit more. There should be an easy home for a wonderful piece like that but it has to get some more time in the spotlight