• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

Peter, you can use the time you have the piece for to get the piece out there a bit and help people understand what it is. There are a lot of people who have no clue. I didn't until I saw you selling it and think it's truly a spectacular piece that will be appreciated by someone once they realize it's significance....the inspiration to Action #1.

People...even seasoned collectors sometimes need to be enlightened.

R.

yeah that's exactly what I was getting at too in my post above. It just really needs some love and for the wonderful story behind the piece to be brought forward a bit more. There should be an easy home for a wonderful piece like that but it has to get some more time in the spotlight

I'd snatch it up in a second if I could afford to and never let it go.

It's a one of a kind piece but much like an ashcan it needs a special audience to appreciate it as it's more of an artifact than artwork now. It's a small important building block in the history of the Superhero mystique.

R.

Did Gator win the MM 1 CGC 3.5?

I thought Gator was going to put this aside so he could focus on the Action #1? Having said that he did recently mention that he has another Tec #31 on its way. :popcorn:

I lost everything in heritage except one little book... I didn't go aggressively after the marvel 1 to stay liquid (thumbs u

the tec 31 is an extensively restored copy, but I really love that book !

Did Gator win the MM 1 CGC 3.5?

I thought Gator was going to put this aside so he could focus on the Action #1? Having said that he did recently mention that he has another Tec #31 on its way. :popcorn:

I lost everything in heritage except one little book... I didn't go aggressively after the marvel 1 to stay liquid (thumbs u

congradualations Rick!

One of my friends got burned with HA/Live today: he meant to bid on a book but pressed the button too late and ended up winning the next lot (which he of course had no interest in).

doh!

I guess you just solved the mystery on those high-priced Supermans! lol

:jokealert:

Talking about early pre-Robin Tec's.........I was certainly surprised at the rather low price for the 'Tec #28.

Even though it was restored, it is still a VF/NM book that only managed to hit 35% of guide for a book that is supposedly very tough to find in any grade and probably the rarest of all of the pre=Robin 'Tec's.

I guess the bidders didn't buy the slight resto label when it included color touch, spine split sealed, cover cleaned, and interior lightened. With that combination, it definitely sounds more than "slight" to me. hm

Jim you pick up anything else?

Peter: O for this time around as I wasn't aggressive enough on the MMC this time around. To ease the pain, Richie decided to sell me a 9.4 pedigree copy of a MMC from his personal collection, which I'm pretty stoked about. Just having a blast hanging at MegaCon with my friends, enjoying the sunshine.

Jim

Jim you pick up anything else?

Peter: O for this time around as I wasn't aggressive enough on the MMC this time around. To ease the pain, Richie decided to sell me a 9.4 pedigree copy of a MMC from his personal collection, which I'm pretty stoked about. Just having a blast hanging at MegaCon with my friends, enjoying the sunshine.

Jim

Has he taken leave of his senses? Or did he find a 9.6?

Either way, congrats Jim!

Anyone have a clue why Heritage sold 66 lots, and is now starting the auction over at 2:00? I find this to be very strange...

Probably because Heritage's main shill bidder was tied up in the crapper taking a dump before they realize he was missing from action. lol

One of my friends got burned with HA/Live today: he meant to bid on a book but pressed the button too late and ended up winning the next lot (which he of course had no interest in).

doh!

I guess you just solved the mystery on those high-priced Supermans! lol

Sounds like an excellent plot for a Homer Simpson episode. "d'oh" was indeed the word that came to mind.

Actually, it wasn't that bad, but the book my friend got was still well over $1,000 - and that's for a lot he didn't want at all. He was bidding from Europe so perhaps it was a connection issue. He was a little annoyed, but fortunately he is a _very_ good customer with Heritage so they will probably listen. I told him to write to Barry or someone else who can actually make a decision. It's more a matter of principle: this just shouldn't happen and Heritage ought to take responsibility for it. Both of us are legacy clients and have always been very happy with their service overall. I am sure they will do what's right - just wanted to warn others that this can happen with HA/Live.

Whoever picked up my HT12 9.0 got a hell of a deal.. I can tell you I paid a lot more for that book just a year ago and had offers at 10k just three months ago..

I won't be able to sit for a week over that assault..

Surprised me that there was very little action on that book as I can tell you its a gorgeous book.. Any thoughts as to why it might have went so low?. an 8.5 that was not near as nice sold for 8500 not too long ago.

Although they weren't my books, the MH Shadows had very little activity as well, despite the fact that Heritage was showcasing them.

Any thoughts as to why it might have went so low?. an 8.5 that was not near as nice sold for 8500 not too long ago.

Wasn't that book an 8.0 whose "potential" was realized? That was a factor for me this and the last time it was auctioned off. Maybe others felt the same way? (shrug)

Whoever picked up my HT12 9.0 got a hell of a deal.. I can tell you I paid a lot more for that book just a year ago and had offers at 10k just three months ago..

Not to rub salt in the wound, but you were offered nearly 20% more than the 8.5 sold for, so why didn't you go for it then? If you paid no seller's premium it would have had to crack $12K at Heritage for you to make the same money, and if you had to pay any kind of seller's premium at all then it would have had to brought 15K or more.

I won't be able to sit for a week over that assault..

Surprised me that there was very little action on that book as I can tell you its a gorgeous book.. Any thoughts as to why it might have went so low?. an 8.5 that was not near as nice sold for 8500 not too long ago.

Although they weren't my books, the MH Shadows had very little activity as well, despite the fact that Heritage was showcasing them.

I thought that book went at a steal of a price. I was still winning a bunch of stuff when it went (which of course I eventually lost), or I might have bumped it up at least a couple grand. I also have a 7.0 which I really like, and one of my collecting goals for 2009 is to end up with less doubles than I did in 2008! lol