• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

I would think about 65% of guide for the 4.5 (or right around what it sold for in 2003), and the 9.6 I bet won't even get to but around 85% of what it sold for last year.

Proving that not all GA Keys are underpriced in the guide (CLink had similar problems with their nice USA #1 and Sub-Mariner #1 in their last auction).

It seems when it comes to Timely, the regular issues are underpriced, but most of the keys are too high.

I think someone is going to take a bath on the Chicago copy. :eek: A lot of these prices look awfully weak heading into the live bidding portion of the auction.

You're assuming that it actually sold last time.

I'm seeing an awful lot of Bill's old items reappearing at Heritage after being up last year (not just comics, but posters and sports stuff also).

For example this Raven One-Sheet that he also sold last March (right around the same time as the All-Winners #1) for $53,775.00, is now Available Again and is still for sale on his website.

Very strange

It seems when it comes to Timely, the regular issues are underpriced, but most of the keys are too high.

good point - I feel that if you're buying a short lived title like all winners and you only want a couple issues for your collection, who the hell cares if you buy #1 or #11? To me there should be little premium on #1s from extremely short run series that aren't rarer than the surrounding issues, don't introduce a major character, etc etc.

at the prices they now command I can't fathom paying multiples of later issues for all winners #1 just because its the #1 of series that's been dead for nearly 70 years :/

Something like torch, subby, marvel mystery... significant series.. sure the #1 is more significant..... but for all winners, usa, mystic, daring mystery....??

I think someone is going to take a bath on the Chicago copy. :eek: A lot of these prices look awfully weak heading into the live bidding portion of the auction.

You're assuming that it actually sold last time.

I'm seeing an awful lot of Bill's old items reappearing at Heritage after being up last year (not just comics, but posters and sports stuff also).

For example this Raven One-Sheet that he also sold last March (right around the same time as the All-Winners #1) for $53,775.00, is now Available Again and is still for sale on his website.

Very strange

Yeah I somehow doubt that AW#1 sold for anything near the asking price of $100,00+ when Bill had it listed on his site. Actually I remember buying a book from one of Hughes auctions and he mentioned to me that he had bought it. hm There is a very nice 9.4 copy that has been listed on Comiclink's site for a while with no bids, asking $55,000.

I won the Action #11 CGC 5.5 and #104 CGC 9.4 :banana:

Sweet!

I lost by one bid. :( It was the Target #4 Church copy

Oh well

:sorry:

I wasn't going to bid on the #104 but, I was watching the live feed and decided to hit the bid button at the last second.

I won the Action #11 CGC 5.5 and #104 CGC 9.4 :banana:

Congratulations, I am very happy you got these. The #11 must be your earliest?

---

One of my friends got burned with HA/Live today: he meant to bid on a book but pressed the button too late and ended up winning the next lot (which he of course had no interest in).

I am VERY pleased with my two purchases!!! :applause:

Grabbed a nice Gerber "8" book that has significant historical value to me (plus I am now working on completing a Famous Funnies run, even though I told myself not to do so until the More Fun run was complete doh!(tsk):banana:)

FamousFunnies3.jpg

BUT THE BIG PURCHASE WAS ONE OF MY GRAILS!!!

MPFW.jpg

Grabbed a nice Gerber "8" book that has significant historical value to me (plus I am now working on completing a Famous Funnies run, even though I told myself not to do so until the More Fun run was complete doh!(tsk):banana:)

Congratulations - those are 2 great books! :headbang:

FamousFunnies3.jpg

BUT THE BIG PURCHASE WAS ONE OF MY GRAILS!!!

MPFW.jpg

Nice! The 1st app. of a guy falling off a ladder in comics. Cool.