• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 Years, 10,000 Posts and Some Comics

35 posts in this topic

It was 4 years ago I wandered onto the CGC chat board. I'm not sure how I found out about it but I was looking for a comics forum after enjoying posting on a much smaller site that banned me for reasons I still do not understand. Jon Berk was posting here so I figured that it must be an okay place as he has a great taste in comics and a clear-eyed view of the world.

The forum (outside of General of course :P ) has exceeded my expectations and been a place where I've met and conversed with fellow collectors many of whom I now consider friends. I would never have thought that I would participate at anywhere near the level that I have as I previously made little personal use of the internet despite making a living in technology. It's been a pleasure participating here as it's made the time between Cons fly by and made it seem like I'm never out of touch with folks I care about. The wealth of knowledge of the many posters and the generous sharing of scans and information has enriched my understanding of comics and deepened my appreciation of many areas that I had previously overlooked. Thanks everyone for making this such a fun place to hang out!

I've enjoyed Adam Strange since I was a wee lad reading reprints of the Infantino/Anderson art illustrating the Gardner Fox stories all under the editorial direction of Julie Schwartz. It's been a pleasure assembling some of the originals, though it did take a bit of time.

MISgroup_small.jpg

10,000 posts! Yet you still have not told us the true meaning of life.

Well, as someone who only occasionally meets other collectors I appreciate the CGC board as a place to talk about comic books and celebrate all the great collections here.

Can bring out a bit of the old envy in me but I could chat about and look at scans of nice books all day...

Thanks, guys.

I put a similar posting in the GA Forum but with a different group. For those that are interested linky

10,000 posts! Yet you still have not told us the true meaning of life.

Well, as someone who only occasionally meets other collectors I appreciate the CGC board as a place to talk about comic books and celebrate all the great collections here.

Can bring out a bit of the old envy in me but I could chat about and look at scans of nice books all day...

Me too! And the answer is 42.

It was 4 years ago I wandered onto the CGC chat board. I'm not sure how I found out about it but I was looking for a comics forum after enjoying posting on a much smaller site that banned me for reasons I still do not understand. Jon Berk was posting here so I figured that it must be an okay place as he has a great taste in comics and a clear-eyed view of the world.

The forum (outside of General of course :P ) has exceeded my expectations and been a place where I've met and conversed with fellow collectors many of whom I now consider friends. I would never have thought that I would participate at anywhere near the level that I have as I previously made little personal use of the internet despite making a living in technology. It's been a pleasure participating here as it's made the time between Cons fly by and made it seem like I'm never out of touch with folks I care about. The wealth of knowledge of the many posters and the generous sharing of scans and information has enriched my understanding of comics and deepened my appreciation of many areas that I had previously overlooked. Thanks everyone for making this such a fun place to hang out!

I've enjoyed Adam Strange since I was a wee lad reading reprints of the Infantino/Anderson art illustrating the Gardner Fox stories all under the editorial direction of Julie Schwartz. It's been a pleasure assembling some of the originals, though it did take a bit of time.

MISgroup_small.jpg

(worship)

Your collection is fantastic - thanks for sharing it through all the scans.

MISgroup_small.jpg

Those books don't even look real, they're so beautiful. My favorite series. I still need 9 issues in the Infantino run.

Congrats on the 10,000th post!

Man, your MiS's are freaking me out. Infantino is far and away my favorite artist, and his Adam Strange is second only to his run on The Flash. I've got a few issues, but not in nearly as good condition as yours.

Just this evening on the subway home from work I was rereading the second Adam Strange Archive. They're such great comics.

O, and as for your 10,000 posts, you better watch out, I'm coming up on you real quick!

6 - Slob, WM, Slob, Slob, Slob, not, Slob, not

adamstrange...Ive always enjoyed your posts and your collecting interests...Ive been here a little less than half that time but I have a very soft spot for pre-63 books especially sci-fi, monster, suspense, crime, all of the above...I dont know that we have interests aligned but I have a feeling if we ever met we would share a lot in common...CONGRATS!

:headbang:

Your collection is fantastic - thanks for sharing it through all the scans.

I especially enjoy it when they're in CGGWorld's WM thread. :devil:

How many of the books are pedigrees?

Condition on some is okay. :whistle:

MIS56slob-2.jpg

Man, your MiS's are freaking me out. Infantino is far and away my favorite artist, and his Adam Strange is second only to his run on The Flash. I've got a few issues, but not in nearly as good condition as yours.

Just this evening on the subway home from work I was rereading the second Adam Strange Archive. They're such great comics.

I'm amazed that they ever did such a quality reprint -- I certainly never expected to see it. I've got the first archive and it's probably about time to loan it to my nephew so that the next generation can appreciate it.

O, and as for your 10,000 posts, you better watch out, I'm coming up on you real quick!

Gonna be up all night worryin'

adamstrange...Ive always enjoyed your posts and your collecting interests...Ive been here a little less than half that time but I have a very soft spot for pre-63 books especially sci-fi, monster, suspense, crime, all of the above...I dont know that we have interests aligned but I have a feeling if we ever met we would share a lot in common...CONGRATS!

:headbang:

I plan on making it out to San Diego Con so if you make it down that I'd be happy to talk.