• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 Years, 10,000 Posts and Some Comics

35 posts in this topic

It was 4 years ago I wandered onto the CGC chat board. I'm not sure how I found out about it but I was looking for a comics forum after enjoying posting on a much smaller site that banned me for reasons I still do not understand. Jon Berk was posting here so I figured that it must be an okay place as he has a great taste in comics and a clear-eyed view of the world.

The forum (outside of General of course :P ) has exceeded my expectations and been a place where I've met and conversed with fellow collectors many of whom I now consider friends. I would never have thought that I would participate at anywhere near the level that I have as I previously made little personal use of the internet despite making a living in technology. It's been a pleasure participating here as it's made the time between Cons fly by and made it seem like I'm never out of touch with folks I care about. The wealth of knowledge of the many posters and the generous sharing of scans and information has enriched my understanding of comics and deepened my appreciation of many areas that I had previously overlooked. Thanks everyone for making this such a fun place to hang out!

I've enjoyed Adam Strange since I was a wee lad reading reprints of the Infantino/Anderson art illustrating the Gardner Fox stories all under the editorial direction of Julie Schwartz. It's been a pleasure assembling some of the originals, though it did take a bit of time.

MISgroup_small.jpg

Finest MIS run I've ever seen. I figure I'll have to come by and see all this in person some time.

Finest MIS run I've ever seen. I figure I'll have to come by and see all this in person some time.

:wishluck:

MISgroup_small.jpg

Your MIS 58 is truly astounding and one of my all time favourite covers, simply superb (worship) And the rest aren't bad either :grin:;)

I always enjoy your posts and your taste in comics and eye for fantastic covers always makes me gravitate towards your posts.

Would be a slice of heaven to be able to check out the scope of your collection in person :cloud9:

Thanks, Beaumont.

And the rest aren't bad either

I'm fond of each of them but I do think these eight make a very attractive set.

Man, your MiS's are freaking me out. Infantino is far and away my favorite artist, and his Adam Strange is second only to his run on The Flash. I've got a few issues, but not in nearly as good condition as yours.

Just this evening on the subway home from work I was rereading the second Adam Strange Archive. They're such great comics.

I'm amazed that they ever did such a quality reprint -- I certainly never expected to see it. I've got the first archive and it's probably about time to loan it to my nephew so that the next generation can appreciate it.

You gotta get the second one. It's fantastic. So many great stories. I guess you have the real comics, but I appreciate these Archive Editions 'cuz they save me from having to mess with the originals.

BTW, this post brings me one closer to you!

Man, your MiS's are freaking me out. Infantino is far and away my favorite artist, and his Adam Strange is second only to his run on The Flash. I've got a few issues, but not in nearly as good condition as yours.

Just this evening on the subway home from work I was rereading the second Adam Strange Archive. They're such great comics.

I'm amazed that they ever did such a quality reprint -- I certainly never expected to see it. I've got the first archive and it's probably about time to loan it to my nephew so that the next generation can appreciate it.

You gotta get the second one. It's fantastic. So many great stories. I guess you have the real comics, but I appreciate these Archive Editions 'cuz they save me from having to mess with the originals.

BTW, this post brings me one closer to you!

I'll get the second and third volumes for the kiddos, but I have the comics for me to read.

It's been a pleasure participating here

And it's always a pleasure to view your contributions. Awesome books -- one of the nicest sets of Atom Age fantasy/sci-fi that I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing! :takeit:

Congratulations....now sell me your Menace 1 :baiting: .Those MIS books are fabulous....I always liked # 60....VERY tough in HG. That 58 is also a certifiable classic.It's cool of you to pass the flame to your nephews...I turned ny nephew onto Batman...and he know loves Spidey, Hulk, Iron man, and Green Lantern also.I started him out when he was 5....and he mangled many a comic in the first few years. He used to run around the neighborhood in a Batman costume for several years....he finally out grew it.He's 18 now.He got hit by a car at 45 miles an hour when he was 13 and miraculously survived....he's got the mind of a ten year old because of it....but he's alive, thank God.He likes watching his favorite movies over and over, but then ,so do I. He's had a girlfriend for a couple years now...she's pretty cool. Sorry to digress.....thanks for all your posts Adam....I've enjoyed every one.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks, Jimjum, Silver and Zzutak. My nephew is definitely into comics -- all things Star Wars are his favorites but he enjoys Ducks, Lulu, Batman, Legion, Plastic Man, Richie Rich etc.

I had 4 uncles and none gave me any cool comics but I did have 4 older brother and sisters who read comics, including one who actually collected low grade SA from comic shops so I had help that way. It was also annoying, however, because I read a number of SA Marvel issues that were continuing sagas and it was 15+ years before I finally got a chance to find out how they ended! I'm doing what I can to encourage the next generation of readers and my sister's kids all seem to enjoy what I've given them or loan them. We'll see how things go with my brother's boys who are younger.

AdamStrange,

Congrats on 10,000 posts. (thumbs u

It always a pleasure reading your posts and even more so to

stare in amazement at the incredible books you always seem

to bring out of that magical collection of yours.

I hope you don't mind me sharing this on the boards and I will

never forget when I first joined and sent off a PM to compliment

you on some of the awesome books I had seen in a month or

so after I joined. You made me feel so welcome and sent on an

incredible display of scans and even better were the stories and

knowledge about comics and comic artists. A night of comic book

heaven I will never forget. :cloud9:

You are a one of the many great board members we are so lucky to

have hang out here and share your collection and knowledge with

us. I hope to be here when you reach 20,000 posts and keep those

scans coming and thank you for sharing all your great books and

your wealth of comic book knowledge. (worship)

:foryou: