• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF Price Surge....what will the Guide say?

191 posts in this topic

Hey I just thought of a cool origin...

Doc Doom makes some evil scientific discovery that threatens the world.

Only the Richards Family (Reed and Sue are aready married) can find a solution.

They are already stationed on a Space Station (Freedom?) for peaceful scientific research.

Ben would be there because he's the pilot.

They would have to have Sue and Johnny more as scientific assistances to Reed than just family members who hang out with him.

Doc Doom finds out about this and launches a missile at the space station causing it to be damaged and the cosmic rays would leak in....

His act to destory them actually creates the team that will defeat him!

What Irony... smirk.gif

What do you think?

Not bad for a few hours thought huh? grin.gif

But that's only the first act. grin.gif

Here's the way I think they may go:

Reed, Ben, Sue and Johnny are on space station, and Doom comes on as a special advisor. He already had a Vader-like face apparatus, and although it may be hinted at, the Reed-Doom accident is left for later.

Doom is naturally working for himself, and steals a "secret device", gets safely off, while trapping or four heroes. The station nears destruction, then at the last second, Reed miraculously goes McGyver and saves the day.

But it's a bit too late, and the resultant explosion hits the space ship, tearing the hull and flooding it with radiation.

Crash landing. The wreckage stirs, and a bulkhead bursts off, exposing an orange mis-shapen monster carrying three crew members...

Then naturally Doom threatens the free world, and while bickering and fighting, the FF go to the rescue. Very late in the game, expose how Reed actually contributed to Doom's facial impairment and resentment, while the FF are steamed at being turned into freaks, and laying the groundwork for a "this time it's personal" end game battle.

This covers off a prerequisite of the villain's plan driving the movie, and for Doom to be the guy in control throughout most of the flick. You'd still need to demonstrate his physical and mental prowess, but that could take place after the opening origin Act 1.

My choice for character arc would be Ben, and I'd take him from a ticked-off creature who resents his present condition, into someone who accepts fate and understands that his great strength is needed, and quite necessary. Great identification tool, and it would be easy for the audience to empathize with the poor brute.

Forget Doom, the movie should have Galactus in it. Naturally the Watcher and the Silver Surfer would be introduced as well. Can you imagine the FF#48-50 storyline as a movie! Now that's got possibilities!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Timely

Can you imagine the FF#48-50 storyline as a movie!

Nope. It would never work without a ton of retooling.

FF + Surfer + Galactus, maybe, but not the story in FF 48-50.

That would be for FF movie 2! 893applaud-thumb.gif

My initial choice was going to be FF 48-50, but lets face it. Are audiences going to fall for the whole "Watcher leads them to the Ultimate Nullifier" ending???? What a cop out! Theyd laugh their heads off at some rifle sized thingamajig that threatens this godlike being....from out of nowhere! I also was going to thread in "This Man This Monster" too as a subplot for Ben's character.

Also, the whole "outer space god threatening to suck up/destroy the planet" idea is Men In Black for the great unwashed: hardly an original idea for moviegoers.

But I liked the proposal that places th eFF and Doom in the SHuttle. But the shuttle is dated. Make it the first manned Mission to Mars instead!! And Doom's freelance experiments doom the ship, exposes them to cosmic rays and crashlands etc etc. Only problem is that while it sets up the dynamic between Doom and Reed, we lose completely Dooms singular unique quality: he's a super smart super powered Saddam Hussein. Hes the head of his own third world country. Gotta keep that part. A crazy villain who wants to take over the world is so booooring in movies.

Maybe Doom falls out of the spaceship early on and is though dead. Ten years go by and he resurfaces as the leader of Latveria AND with a super mad-on for Reed, blaming him for tt=the mission's failure when it was HIS fault all along.

Wow G! Nice pick up! For that price, I could deal w/ a yellowing cover. I need to watch eBay more often. 893frustrated.gif

Chris

thanks!....from the scan it looks killer and bright white. will post a larger scan once it arrives.