• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT famous collectors

63 posts in this topic

Daniel Dae Kim (Jin from LOST) apparently is one, too. He attended NYCC but wanted to avoid being mobbed, so someone found him a "V for Vendetta" mask to walk around in anonymity and peruse the comic booths.

That seems a little over the top....at NYCC he'd stand a better chance of being mistaken for Jim Lee...

There was more than one cast member from 30 Rock and the Office walking around the show. No need for masks either.

C

Scroll to "Dae Care". Not up to me to decide if he was being too paranoid; I just found it quite interesting.

Gerard Way front man/lead singer for My Chemical Romance studying art/cartooning in college and actually worked at DC for a couple of years as a comic artist...he keeps sketchbooks and constantly sketches on the road etc

Not sure if he's a collector but I imagine he is to some degree...

I saw a thing on MTV some years ago and I can't remember who it was (somebody like Sammy Hagar or someone like that) had a pretty minty AF15 and a bunch of keys he kept all organized and filed in filing drawers...anybody remember who that was (?) (shrug)

George Lucas was supposedly inspired to write Star Wars by the Famous Funnies Frazetta covers and is a Frazetta collector as is Sylvestor Stallone.Also, when my friend Jerry found the "R.J. Long Collection" he advertised it in the CBG and one day this gentleman with long hair came into the shop and bought a few stacks.One of his younger customers came in and freaked out...apparently the guy was some famous rock star but Jerry didn't remember who it was. (shrug) I still wonder who it was.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I saw a thing on MTV some years ago and I can't remember who it was (somebody like Sammy Hagar or someone like that) had a pretty minty AF15 and a bunch of keys he kept all organized and filed in filing drawers...anybody remember who that was (?) (shrug)

Might be one of the guys in Metallica you're thinking of.

Might be one of the guys in Metallica you're thinking of.

I remember this . Was Sebastian Bach. He was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Howard Stern

Does he actually collect? He obviously read comics at one time and has some knowledge of the characters, but didn't think he actually collected. I know he makes fun of Baba Booey all the time for collecting animation cells.