• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT famous collectors

63 posts in this topic

i know there was a list on here before about hollywood and comics, but i think it was more about stars who have done comic projects. i was curious as to and famous celeb collectors? i can only think of seinfield and used to be nic cage. any other famous collectors?

Kirk Hammett of Metallica

Sebastian Bach

Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath (I saw him at WW Chicago in 1998 and got my picture taken with him.)

Glenn Danzig (Long-time collector before he started Verotik Publishing.)

No mention of Scott "Not" Ian from Anthrax, Tony? Some metalhead/comic geek you are!

I had a conversation with Ruben Blades once at SDCC. He's apparently a collector.

I've been to his house and perused his collection. He loves Four Colors and has them all

I used to sell Jerry Buss a lot of golden age, especially Fiction House

Miguel Ferrer is a big collector too.

Daniel Dae Kim (Jin from LOST) apparently is one, too. He attended NYCC but wanted to avoid being mobbed, so someone found him a "V for Vendetta" mask to walk around in anonymity and peruse the comic booths.

That seems a little over the top....at NYCC he'd stand a better chance of being mistaken for Jim Lee...

There was more than one cast member from 30 Rock and the Office walking around the show. No need for masks either.

C

Daniel Dae Kim (Jin from LOST) apparently is one, too. He attended NYCC but wanted to avoid being mobbed, so someone found him a "V for Vendetta" mask to walk around in anonymity and peruse the comic booths.

Very cool story. (Couldn't he have just dressed up as Jin from "Lost" and people would have figured him for a comic geek?)