• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show you mega duplicates

280 posts in this topic

Care to sell one of those black Maxx's? :baiting:

Nah, I want more than the market will currently bear for one. ;) It's ok, on a book with a 50 copy print run, and doubtless less than 35-40 still available for any amount of money, I think I can hold on to 'em and let the market come to me, and not be worried about anyone else "dumping" 'em.

Of course, if someone was to make me a silly offer, I don't know how I could not accept, but it's the only...and I mean ONLY...book that I have any kind of real leverage with (like many of you Golden Age "highest gradeds" Gerber 9s and 10s know), so I'm going to hold these until and if that ever happens.

Let's just say...it may not be as popular as Miracleman #1 Gold, but that's just a signed and numbered book, and there are 8 times as many of those theoretically in existence....and I wouldn't trade straight across for that.

Man, shoot me over a pm if you ever are selling any of the Grendels or Primer's or anything in your hoard that you want to get rid of (just a copy or two) :baiting:

Brian

I dunno if this is kosher, but Greggy had what looked like a nice copy of Primer #2 for $35 at the VCC this weekend. I didn't look too close, but it's probably a very decent copy, and $35 is a great price!

Me, though? I'm not a seller, as such. I sell on occasion, when I feel market timing is good, but if I could keep every book I've ever bought, I would.

Me, though? I'm not a seller, as such. I sell on occasion, when I feel market timing is good, but if I could keep every book I've ever bought, I would.

If that's the case then why all the need for the multiple duplicates? You can collect what you like, but your "hoards" indicate either you're hoarding for investment purposes or have a sickness.

This goes far beyond Cal's obsession with one comic...at the end of the day you can rationalize it as a quirk. But to hoard at the scale you're doing it seems crazy and bordering on acutely obsessive...

Jim

If that's the case then why all the need for the multiple duplicates? You can collect what you like, but your "hoards" indicate either you're hoarding for investment purposes or have a sickness.

This goes far beyond Cal's obsession with one comic...at the end of the day you can rationalize it as a quirk. But to hoard at the scale you're doing it seems crazy and bordering on acutely obsessive...

Jim

Your collection sux, mine is better.... doh!

Yeah, it's a sickness, but who wouldn't go crazy over the 1st appearance of the ghost of Hammer Head or the Trial of a major character!! Truthfully, I've never gone out & individually purchased more than 3 or 4 copies of any book. Most of the stuff I have multiples of have come from collections or close outs.

100_1511.jpg

100_1516.jpg

100_1518.jpg

Jim

Indeed... some of the near-paranoid speculation about other people's collections around here is both hilarious and sad. Maybe the guy just likes multiples. Get over it.

I often search eBay for certain keywords that will allow me to pick up loads of a single issue with the sole intent of just having a pile of the same book in front of me to sift through for comparison's sake.

EDIT: This is a great thread, btw. Rock, I like your style. (thumbs u

Jim

Indeed... some of the near-paranoid speculation about other people's collections around here is both hilarious and sad. Maybe the guy just likes multiples. Get over it.

I often search eBay for certain keywords that will allow me to pick up loads of a single issue with the sole intent of just having a pile of the same book in front of me to sift through for comparison's sake.

Show us the GL 195s :popcorn:

Jim

Pfft. A minor hoard, that one.

Jim

OK, start with the lame Crisis books. :acclaim:

OK, start with the lame Crisis books. :acclaim:
Well titled. :devil: