• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman is Greek! Has anyone ever seen these ?

48 posts in this topic

Will be posting a few more pics .... now lets see if I have an earlier one than issue 20. I cannot believe how popular Spidey was there back then. I wonder how many countries did reprints in their languages? How about that for a trivia?

heh, you know who the Kings of Baseball are without a doubt, and will be champions this year ..... 27. against who they will play I wonder now. Ill be by Danforth sometime spring most likely..maybe the parade

There are more of them here:

http://www.mycomics.gr/kabanas/kabanas.htm

What I don't understand is why there seems to be two different versions of issue #20, one with the word 'Arachne' and one without? Check out issue #20 on that site, the 'Arachne' logo is not there, and only present on a few other issues.

OMG!!!! Do you really have all those?!!?? I have been looking for number 17 for about 18 months. I have Spiderman 129 Original prints from Quebec(1976), Mexico(1974), Germany(1976), Netherlands(1975), England, Spain, Italy(1975) and, of course USA but, from Greece... Wow,Just Wow,that one has been difficult to track. You have it?!?

What I don't understand is why there seems to be two different versions of issue #20, one with the word 'Arachne' and one without? Check out issue #20 on that site, the 'Arachne' logo is not there, and only present on a few other issues.

OMG!!!! Do you really have all those?!!?? I have been looking for number 17 for about 18 months. I have Spiderman 129 Original prints from Quebec(1976), Mexico(1974), Germany(1976), Netherlands(1975), England, Spain, Italy(1975) and, of course USA but, from Greece... Wow,Just Wow,that one has been difficult to track. You have it?!?

You should post all of those. That would be a wonderful display.

There wasn't consistency in the issues, sometimes they had the word Arachne then they took it off, trust me on that. They released reprints of Spideys weekly for a while. It was really hot during the early to mid 80s.

I will post pictures, as I don't have a scanner, I will do my best to for the pic to not be blurry..

Yep that guy has tons of stuff, I only bought the spideys every summer I was there.

Althought they are not high grade, I posted them. I thought it would be more proper to start a Foreign Spider thread in the Bronze forum.. hopefully I will get to see more of the Kabanas publisher.. :)

Hello there,

i am the co-creator of www.mycomics.gr and proud owner of the Marvel Kabanas Hellas comics displayed there rantrant

Regarding spidercrazy question about the dublicate numbers i have to say this :

That was a minor mistake of the publisher, you see he made biger much bigger errors.

He published two issues with the some number in many series (Spider Man twice, Man Wolf, Iron Man, Avengers) that was the least because you see he forgot to publish the next issue so we had #5, another #5,#7 in Iron Man. In Avengers he missed one number (#10 IRC) and he replaced it with #29 but the series only lasted for 16 issues.

All in all collecting Kabanas publications is quite a thrill :roflmao:

I wouldn't change it for the world...

So feel free to gaze upon our collection, :blahblah: if you have any question just ask and above all

it's great finding people with familiar tastes and memories so far away from home.

Cheers,

Kostas, Patras

Welcome aboard Kostas,

It is a neat collection. What's the story with issues like Captain America 21 with the X-Men 14 cover, did they take a break from Cap to throw in an X-Men story?

I noticed it's back to Cap on #22 of his own title.

@ rtarturo

Marvel Kabanas Hellas issues of that era were nothing less than King Size Specials (worship)

You see every issue had 3 whole stories and sometimes even a small 3-5 pages as well.

For example Captain America #1 had one story of CA (#105 IRC the one that started CA own mag after Tales of suspense), Avengers #1 AND X-Men #1.

Master Kung Fu, another of the early titles, had 3 stories one of MKF, A Ka-Zar story and Sons of Tiger.

That policy continued for over a year. After that the format changed to 2 full stories and either 1-2 smaller (like western ard horror) ad sometimes a story (usually Sgt. Fury) that continued over in another mag..