• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC says my books are graded but can't tell me the grades?? Since when?

30 posts in this topic

How is it that some slabbed CGC books have misc. crude inside the slab then? If they have a final inspection after it is slabbed? Here is a piece of CGC crude inside my CGC 9.8 slabbed book. I have a couple of books with problems like this. With a piece of crude from another origin other than the book inside the slab. This little brown piece of paper appears to be from maybe a golden age book. Diffinitely not from a white paged book.

Because the quality control department isn't perfect?

My last CGC submission was 13 books - not only did CGC ship the books back to an incorrect address (even though the correct address was on all copies of the invoice), but when I finally got the books, all 13 slabs had huge streaks & scratches in the plastic, and one of the books had a large piece of cardboard lodged inside the back of the slab as well.

They all looked like this:

bone-47.jpg

I immediately called CGC and spoke to a very friendly CSR named Ali-Jae who apologized profusely and asked me to send them all back cc'ed to her - she would then personally make sure they were reholdered & shipped out again asap.

Which she did - I got the books back in less than 2 weeks from the day I sent them back to CGC.

So ... it sucked that I had to send them back - but, imho, the customer service I received from CGC was top-notch.

lol my bad guys....only three fekk ups, but one book made up for them :banana:

Noble Causes: FS #3a 9.4 (expected 9.6) :(

Noble Causes: FS #3b 9.8 (expected 9.4/9.6) :banana:

Invincible

0 9.6 :(

1 first print 9.6 X 2

1 LE 9.8 X3

2 9.8

5 9.8

6 9.6 (expected 9.6)

8 9.8 (expected 9.6) :banana:

9 9.8 ((expected 9.6) :banana: