• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Average Wait Time From CGC?

52 posts in this topic

Sure most people know this .....but registered mail actually has to be "handled".....no stinkin' machines lol

Still the safest way to ship with the USPS though

No machines in a machine age. :cloud9:

Yep....old fashion manpower

How old are you two.... :baiting:

Old and in the way? :sorry:

lol

Sure most people know this .....but registered mail actually has to be "handled".....no stinkin' machines lol

lol

Hey ...that was an old Jerry Garcia bluegrass band, with David Grisman, Peter Rowan, and Vassar Clements

Think it came out in the mid 70s

lol

Hey ...that was an old Jerry Garcia bluegrass band, with David Grisman, Peter Rowan, and Vassar Clements

I wasnt born until 1978 (shrug)

lol

I wasnt born until 1978 (shrug)

:think: The year of Machine Man.

lol

I think singer Maria Muldaur dated one of the guys in the band. And her hit tune "Midnight at the Oasis" had that '70s feel to it no doubt.

When I've received the e-mail saying they've shipped, they're at my doorstep in 2-3 days (with the exception of the recent holiday where it took about a week). Even though I'm in north Georgia and CGC is in south Florida, it's not exactly that far away.

With a recent economy fast track submission I got it back in 3 weeks. :whatthe: My mailman did say that registered mail was the only thing that could get him fired (which obviously is an overstatement) and I guess everyone who touches it has to sign for it. He said it's insured up to 15,000. But he's also the fella who tosses packages on our porch even when we're home. :whistle:

I would fight him...

:lol:

Im serious. I tell everyone they have to ship priority to me, the last time I received a regular envelope it was crammed in the mailbox (2 BA Adams books). Most of the time I meet him, or the wife does. I don't trust those bastads.

It's not just your mail delivery people. I just received a piece of comic art...sandwiched between SIX sheets of heavy duty corrugated cardboard.

They bent the package to a 90 degree angle!! :o

When I confronted them on it their response made me laugh out loud. They said "That's how the shipper packed it." :roflmao:

C

lol

I think singer Maria Muldaur dated one of the guys in the band. And her hit tune "Midnight at the Oasis" had that '70s feel to it no doubt.

She was in the Even Dozen Jug Band which included David Grisman , plus John Sebastian. Early Greenwich Village stuff.

She also sang backup for the Grateful Dead and later, the Jerry Garcia Band.

Love Midnight at the Oasis....... boy does that take me back lol

lol

She was in the Even Dozen Jug Band which included David Grisman , plus John Sebastian. Early Greenwich Village stuff.

She also sang backup for the Grateful Dead and later, the Jerry Garcia Band.

Love Midnight at the Oasis....... boy does that take me back lol

Last off-topic post from me (:gossip: well, for this thread anyway): now I remember. She dated a guy from the Jerry Garcia Band--John Kahn, I think.

I've had a package showing stuck with USPS in Florida since Feb 11. I just wondered how the wait has been with others waiting for packages from CGC with the post office?

This makes me feel better! Mine show the exact same info for the exact same date!

I was sweatin bullets over here. Word from the post office is it could be up to two weeks.

This reminds me of that old picture of the smucked delivery truck on the highway with all it's packages stroon about for hundreds of feet :eek:

Let's hope they all were not in the same delivery truck :wishluck:

I've had a package showing stuck with USPS in Florida since Feb 11. I just wondered how the wait has been with others waiting for packages from CGC with the post office?

I am still missing my package and waiting to hear from the post office............did anyone else have this experience from this date?

Seriously, registered mail via USPS has been lagging!?! I don't know why.. I mailed a book via registered mail on the 17th and still the buyer hasn't received the book yet. I checked online to see its status and still it only says "Accepted on the 17th, more info. will be provided later".. I dunno, but a year ago when books were shipped to me via registered mail from CGC, I would get them withing 4 business days. Is it possible to have registered mail with priority mail on it so it doesn't take long to ship the books?

Nobody panic. The USPS won't lose a registered package. I just had three different submissions come back. One took 3 WEEKS to get from CGC to California. One took 4 days. (shrug) The other has been in transit for 5, we'll see what happens. I started panicking on the 3 week package but it showed up in good condition. Just took forever.

This is good to know that others are still waiting. I still don't have my package. I called the USPS and they say they don't update along the way with registered. They also said that there is no time limit on how long a package can get to you because it is registered. I really think 2 weeks is pathetic.

Out of around 40 boxes I got some slow two weeks, some within 4 days here since the first of the year. All sent Registered mail and I live in South Dakota which is fairly far away, 1800 miles or so. They are not lost, just sitting somewhere waiting to be processed. The post office is always trying to not replace people when the retire or quit, so there is probably some areas of the country that are short staffed, yet they are not hiring. So registered gets moved last as there is no immediate requirements or deadlines. Thats my best guess. (shrug)

They should do a much quicker job for registered mail. I mean these are valuable things we are shipping and of course we'd like to see them in the hands of whoever bought them asap. Well good news today, just checked the tracking of the package I sent out a week ago and it arrived to the buyer today.. Phew! Now, I gotta wait until Paypal puts my account back to normal :frustrated:.. More waiting for me

I just heard at the post office something about an audit where they have to count all packages. This is happening all month. I think it's country wide and has something to do with the economy. So, maybe this is what is causing some delays. I bet though that my package is just being held up at one location through the process.