• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatever happened with Eides and the Detective 27 Scandal???

48 posts in this topic

Last I saw, Eides was ranting on some other message board about how he was going to PROVE that it was Dupcak that sold the Tec 27 to Todd. Of course he offered no actual proof besides his somewhat delusional ramblings. Just wondering if any further info came from either Eides or some other source on the true origin of that Tec 27.

General consensus was that a blue label 6.5 appeared since that time and nothing has been verified first hand by Todd...just conjecture that this was the book.

I knew about that 6.5 and the speculation that it is Todd's copy. So I take it that Eides never delivered on any of the "proof" he had that it was Dupcak that tried to sell those books to him and ended up selling them to Todd?

Nope. All he ever offered was conjecture, and old man ranting conjecture at that. He was always telling us to wait for this proof that he never produced and instead tried to make Todd look bad in the process. In all likelihood, he's been trying to save face from belligerently passing on a trove of treasure books since. The Tec 27 in question graded out untrimmed.

After a while of this, he was permanently bounced from here. He probably has delusions of a conspiracy at CGC by now.

I knew about that 6.5 and the speculation that it is Todd's copy. So I take it that Eides never delivered on any of the "proof" he had that it was Dupcak that tried to sell those books to him and ended up selling them to Todd?

Nope. All he ever offered was conjecture, and old man ranting conjecture at that. He was always telling us to wait for this proof that he never produced and instead tried to make Todd look bad in the process. In all likelihood, he's been trying to save face from belligerently passing on a trove of treasure books since. The Tec 27 in question graded out untrimmed.

After a while of this, he was permanently bounced from here. He probably has delusions of a conspiracy at CGC by now.

Eide led us on over at the Corral, promising to tell the whole story of the book, but he was on a short leash there and he got banned there after he failed to deliver. He had every opportunity to provide proof of his main claim, which was that the books came from Dupcak. He claimed that the seller of the Tec 27 and a bunch of other books was Dupcak incognito, but that he (Eide) was too smart for him and spotted that the books were doctored and refused to buy them.

To make things more interesting there was a shill in the Corral that seemed to be Dupcak himself, but who knows. This shill (Ace Ventura) tried to make it look like I was Dupcak. :D Lots of fun.

To be fair, to my knowledge Todd has never clarified that the 27 is now in a universal slab with a 6.5 on it...not that he's obligated to announce it to the world.

Edited by JohnT

To be fair, to my knowledge Todd has never clarified that the 27 is now in a universal slab with a 6.5 on it...not that he's obligated to announce it to the world.

I believe somebody came up with a scan of the new Tec 27 and Todd was credited as the owner. It was in that infamously long thread here somewhere near the end of its lifespan. I do remember seeing it.

To make things more interesting there was a shill in the Corral that seemed to be Dupcak himself, but who knows. This shill (Ace Ventura) tried to make it look like I was Dupcak. :D Lots of fun.

Could anyone even imagine what would happen if Danny ever really got sent up the river, and admitted that he was the seller of these books? :tonofbricks:

Could anyone even imagine what would happen if Danny ever really got sent up the river, and admitted that he was the seller of these books? :tonofbricks:

Depends. If the 'Tec is a blue holder 6.5 as suggested, I imagine there would be some interesting debate.... lol

how did CGC slab th ebook with that large untrimmed page sticking out the bottom???? never thought of that!
it was tucked into the book

did CGC consider that to have an effect on the grade? And, semantics angle: who did the tucking? It'd be interesting if CGC suggested it and folded it in after a phone call discussion. If it were my book I wouldnt mind, but, it does go into interesting areas that some here Im sure would choose to dissect.....

how did CGC slab th ebook with that large untrimmed page sticking out the bottom???? never thought of that!
it was tucked into the book

did CGC consider that to have an effect on the grade? And, semantics angle: who did the tucking? It'd be interesting if CGC suggested it and folded it in after a phone call discussion. If it were my book I wouldnt mind, but, it does go into interesting areas that some here Im sure would choose to dissect.....

Trouble maker.

:makepoint:

I believe somebody came up with a scan of the new Tec 27 and Todd was credited as the owner. It was in that infamously long thread here somewhere near the end of its lifespan. I do remember seeing it.

Do you mean that someone had a scan of the book in a slab? I really don't think that's right. I think I would remember that, since it would have changed the whole debate. After all, Eide challenged Todd to a $1000 bet that it wouldn't come back blue.

Depends. If the 'Tec is a blue holder 6.5 as suggested, I imagine there would be some interesting debate.... lol

I seriously doubt that considering how much intense scrutiny this book went under and CGC had to be very aware of all the questions surrounding this book. It's not every day a Tec 27 comes into their building for grading. If it got a blue label, I'm pretty sure they were extra careful to check this one over.

Do you mean that someone had a scan of the book in a slab? I really don't think that's right. I think I would remember that, since it would have changed the whole debate. After all, Eide challenged Todd to a $1000 bet that it wouldn't come back blue.

It was shown somewhere... grr.

I seriously doubt that considering how much intense scrutiny this book went under and CGC had to be very aware of all the questions surrounding this book. It's not every day a Tec 27 comes into their building for grading. If it got a blue label, I'm pretty sure they were extra careful to check this one over.

It was shown somewhere... grr.

Are you sure? There were pictures of Todd with the book raw. Never with the book slabbed. It was conjecture that the new 6.5 was that book but as far as I know that was never confirmed by anyone with actual knowledge vs speculation.