• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autographs?

34 posts in this topic

So I'm actually looking for an autograph of Gene Shalit now....

Gene-Shalit-web.jpg

What was he smoking, picking out that bow tie?? :o

I'm looking to buy and autograph of Kate Beckinsale, but I don know any reliable places to look at on the web. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Apologies for derailing the thread with an actual answer, but the autograph dealer I deal with on occassion (last time I did was a nice HORROR OF DRACULA piece with autographs from Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Michael Gough) has four Beckinsale photos for auction as we speak. Cruise over to

http://www.autographworld.com/common/newsearch.asp

and type Beckinsale into the search and you should see them. Dealer is legit, and has photos of celebs signing the autograph usually on the bid pages. Outside of very rare autographs, most usually go for somewhere around $15-30 US$, nothing too outrageous.

Allan

(ps.. ok, back to photo posting, gents!)

What would a autograph handwritten letter of old time rock nr roller Eddie Cochran

to my aunt go for moneywise? My aunt had dated him in the late 1950`s. A strange irony was my aunt was killed in a automobile accident a few months before he was killed in a automobile accident. Where do I go with this autograph hand written letter? It`s been in the family now for about 50 years.

I've picked up a few there.. Got the Mrs. an autographed photo of the Dixie Chicks (who she really liked at the time) just before they fell off the face of the Earth. Don't think I've seen it since I bought it for her.

What would a autograph handwritten letter of old time rock nr roller Eddie Cochran

to my aunt go for moneywise? My aunt had dated him in the late 1950`s. A strange irony was my aunt was killed in a automobile accident a few months before he was killed in a automobile accident. Where do I go with this autograph hand written letter? It`s been in the family now for about 50 years.

hm It would definitely have value, given Cochran is considered a rock pioneer and there are very few autographs available, much less hand-written letters. It would do best at an auction, but would certainly have to be authenticated first. The same site I posted earlier is ran by a long-time autograph dealer who is a member of all the professional societies regarding historic documents and signatures, an email to him would probably give you a good idea of what you'd be looking at, both as pertains to value and what the process would be to place it on the market, should you desire to. Heritage or any of the other major auction places would give you the same into too, I'd guess, so long as they handle historic autographs.

Allan

I'm looking to buy and autograph of Kate Beckinsale, but I don know any reliable places to look at on the web. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Apologies for derailing the thread with an actual answer, but the autograph dealer I deal with on occassion (last time I did was a nice HORROR OF DRACULA piece with autographs from Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Michael Gough) has four Beckinsale photos for auction as we speak. Cruise over to

http://www.autographworld.com/common/newsearch.asp

Yes, a very reputable dealer. (thumbs u

hm It would definitely have value, given Cochran is considered a rock pioneer and there are very few autographs available, much less hand-written letters. It would do best at an auction, but would certainly have to be authenticated first. The same site I posted earlier is ran by a long-time autograph dealer who is a member of all the professional societies regarding historic documents and signatures, an email to him would probably give you a good idea of what you'd be looking at, both as pertains to value and what the process would be to place it on the market, should you desire to. Heritage or any of the other major auction places would give you the same into too, I'd guess, so long as they handle historic autographs.

Allan

Thanks for the info, I will let you know how it all turns out.