• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC sales for FF #12, anyone with stats?

78 posts in this topic

If you don't have GPA, I agree you should not be asking for freebies on the boards

from paying members. FYI, GPA is not for raw books, if you are buying raw why do you want a GPA quote, doesn't make sense ?!?

Suggestion: check out the poor man's GPA Comiclink, there are about 5 issues

in the range you specified.

True, but if he bases it on CLink's asking price, he'll get robbed in most deals. ;)

If you are looking at asking price, I totally agree with you. The asking prices on Clink have been insane lately. I only like to look at completed sales or bids.

TMoore,

Thanks for the info; I acknowledge that I owe you two-bits.

As for "freebies", I, upon first asking, didn't know where to look for this info so that is why I asked for help. Mr. Tmoore offered the info and for that I thank him. I assumed there was a site that carried this info, perhaps for free, because I often see the prices and sales records in people's sale's threads here on the boards. So please be a little nicer before you all assume someone is "freeloading".

I really don't want to argue the matter but you are contradicting your previous comments. You were told about GPA before getting your answer from TMoore

and you responded with......

'Thanks, yes, but unfortunately I'm not a member there, so I was hoping that someone who is might be able to convey that info.'

How is that not asking for a freebie ???

TMoore,

As for "freebies", I, upon first asking, didn't know where to look for this info so that is why I asked for help. Mr. Tmoore offered the info and for that I thank him. I assumed there was a site that carried this info, perhaps for free, because I often see the prices and sales records in people's sale's threads here on the boards. So please be a little nicer before you all assume someone is "freeloading".

I really don't want to argue the matter but you are contradicting your previous comments. You were told about GPA before getting your answer from TMoore

'Thanks, yes, but unfortunately I'm not a member there, so I was hoping that someone who is might be able to convey that info.'

Sounds free to me - (shrug) Maybe he sent Tom some funds via paypal for hooking him up

If you don't have GPA, I agree you should not be asking for freebies on the boards

from paying members. FYI, GPA is not for raw books, if you are buying raw why do you want a GPA quote, doesn't make sense ?!?

Why shouldn't someone ask for a favor? You can always say no, or just ignore the request. Am I missing something here? Do you sign something saying that you won't repeat information when you subscribe?

TMoore,

Sounds free to me - (shrug) Maybe he sent Tom some funds via paypal for hooking him up

I won't accept the 2-bits via Paypal...don't wanna pay the fees and wittle my net proceeds down to 22-cents...the 2-bits has gotta be cash or money order! :baiting:

Why shouldn't someone ask for a favor? You can always say no, or just ignore the request. Am I missing something here? Do you sign something saying that you won't repeat information when you subscribe?

I basically agree...anyone offended can ignore the request...

Also, if it's a one-time, or once-in-a-blue-moon request, that I think makes it fine...if someone was asking once a day or several times a week or multiple times that would be very poor form... 2c

Also, if it's a one-time, or once-in-a-blue-moon request, that I think makes it fine...if someone was asking once a day or several times a week or multiple times that would be very poor form... 2c

I'm not offended that he asked or that you answered. Originally, I just wanted to point out there are other avenues of researching, like the poor man's GPA - Comiclink. I find Comiclink is a better research tool than GPA. When the discussion started turning to the issue of freebies I threw out my opinion. Not a judgement, not a scolding, just an opinion. It's all good. No argument here.

TMoore,

Well, here is how I am not contradicting myself; I posted, at FIRST not knowing about any particular site you guys used. After that, someone showed me a link to the site, and I told them I wasn't a member there. It is AFTER that I was given the info by TMoore. Should I have closed the thread after the guy showed me the site as to not offend anyone knowing I wasn't a member on the info site? Whatever. I have seen you guys on the boards here get into fights over ridiculous things, and I intend on steering clear of that.

I'm not offended that he asked or that you answered. Originally, I just wanted to point out there are other avenues of researching, like the poor man's GPA - Comiclink. I find Comiclink is a better research tool than GPA. When the discussion started turning to the issue of freebies I threw out my opinion. Not a judgement, not a scolding, just an opinion. It's all good. No argument here.

The suggestion to look at realized Clink sales is a good one, although I don't believe it gives the date when the book sold, just when it was listed...

TMoore,

Well, here is how I am not contradicting myself; I posted, at FIRST not knowing about any particular site you guys used. After that, someone showed me a link to the site, and I told them I wasn't a member there. It is AFTER that I was given the info by TMoore. Should I have closed the thread after the guy showed me the site as to not offend anyone knowing I wasn't a member on the info site? Whatever. I have seen you guys on the boards here get into fights over ridiculous things, and I intend on steering clear of that.

Don't sweat it returner...you didn't do anything wrong...as you say, some people just want to complain about things that have no effect on their situation one way or another... (thumbs u

Oh, and before I forget to ask, is the Overstreet Guide a good method of seeing what these books realize in actual sales or is it just a baseline tool? What does it take into account when it posts a value?

Thanks

Talk about opening a can of worms!

I love the guide, but it is not a good tool if you just want to look something up to see what you should pay for a book. Once you are an experienced buyer or seller you can sort of use it to get a ballpark idea of what price to start thinking about--but usually the ballpark figure is not the guide value, but some percentage of guide...depending on the type of book, condition, and other factors.

So, GPA is the most straightforward method, but you can also get an idea by searching the internet. Again, I like Heritage because you can search their archives and see actual sales, with dates, of similar issues.

:foryou:

This sums it up. There is no reason for anyone to get there panties in a ruff over a simple request, you can ignore it. I can understand if someone asked for a long list of issues every day, but the occasional rare request should be met with the information asked, or move along and say nothing.

Oh, and before I forget to ask, is the Overstreet Guide a good method of seeing what these books realize in actual sales or is it just a baseline tool? What does it take into account when it posts a value?

Thanks

Talk about opening a can of worms!

I love the guide, but it is not a good tool if you just want to look something up to see what you should pay for a book. Once you are an experienced buyer or seller you can sort of use it to get a ballpark idea of what price to start thinking about--but usually the ballpark figure is not the guide value, but some percentage of guide...depending on the type of book, condition, and other factors.

So, GPA is the most straightforward method, but you can also get an idea by searching the internet. Again, I like Heritage because you can search their archives and see actual sales, with dates, of similar issues.

Again John T offers good advice re. the Heritage data-base...OSPG is all over the map...just another touchstone...