• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on this auction...real Action comics #1?

11 posts in this topic

I came across this auction while it was still going and was shocked that so many folks were bidding strong for the potential that this Action comics #1 was real.......then I saw how much it ended for (shrug)

I am not buying the story about the comic being purchased in 1965 etc and I have no idea what the other item is for sale but I figured I would post it here to see if you guys think someone just flushed $6000 down the toilet assuming it wasn't be shilled up?

Action Comics #1 on Ebay

Did someone just get a NM Action Comics #1 for $6000 :o

hm

lol.. that looks so obviously to be the Famous First Edition it's funny..
actually, just the opposite...in no way is it a FFE (the FFE all had green running boards and other diff like sweat beads, etc)...

this is likely a pic of the fabriacted copy that the other german seller was trying to pass off a few years ago, I suspect... but, it is not real, that much, we can be sure of

I don't believe it's real either but in looking at the picture I couldn't tell why....I just made the assumption that nobody in their right mind would sell an Action 1 like that without even putting the name of the comic in the auction title. hm

I don't believe it's real either but in looking at the picture I couldn't tell why....I just made the assumption that nobody in their right mind would sell an Action 1 like that without even putting the name of the comic in the auction title. hm
ah, but you hit the nail on the head... the scammer knows if he puts action 1 in the title, we debunk it immediately...this way, he hopes to hook a few folks that think they have found the "diamond in the rough" and take them for thousands, that otherwise he wouldn't have the chance to do if we warn away buyers or paratrooper puts in his million $ big (thumbs u

Don't worry, the winning bidder has no intention of paying. Look at his bidding history, 1 fb and 100% bidding with scammer seller.

Now it can be relisted for even more money with a story about finding it in an attic or estate sale lol