• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel universe handbook

22 posts in this topic

They were great and I'd like to see them do another update. If for no other reason than to clear up some characters histories....

For example....which Daredevil origin story is canon? Man Without Fear or Yellow?

How exactly did the Green Goblin not die?

And boy would I like to hear the Super Serum history and Captain America origin now.....

Jim

Weren't there three editions ??

The first one (1983) , then that Deluxe edition (1985) and finally the edition that came with the binders... confused.gif

I need 2 more issues to have all 20 of the Deluxe editions and I love to browse through them...

Especially the final three issues , the so called 'Books of the dead'...

Marvel has been putting out updates the last year or so, but in TPB (hardcover) form and heavily edited. Lots of stuff that didn't fit into the Uncle Joe philosophy was simply omitted from canon... sign-rantpost.gif

I think instead of milking us on these seperate encyclopedias like X-men, Spidey , I think marvel should come out with like some bad [!@#%^&^] deluxe hardcover volumes, maybe like 1 or 2 like they did with the far side, to cover all the marvel universe, dead or alive. Oh, and actually have correct information about first appearances, etc.

I think instead of milking us on these seperate encyclopedias like X-men, Spidey , I think marvel should come out with like some bad [!@#%^&^] deluxe hardcover volumes, maybe like 1 or 2 like they did with the far side, to cover all the marvel universe, dead or alive. Oh, and actually have correct information about first appearances, etc.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Yea, but It NEEDS to be updateable. otherwise Phoenix is dead, no wait she's an alien, no wait she's a clone, no, now she's a woman from the future, no, oops, now she's Jean again?!?!?!?! 893frustrated.gif

However, maybe The End really, truly, did stop all of that. and Wolverine really killed the real Magneto, and he's really dead and he's gonna stay that way! Really! 893blahblah.gif

However, maybe The End really, truly, did stop all of that. and Wolverine really killed the real Magneto, and he's really dead and he's gonna stay that way! Really! 893blahblah.gif

YEAH RIGHT!!!