• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

Admittedly the tail end of the Atomic Age (and what's a 15¢ cover doing in Gold?)....

I don't see that the OP specifically prohibited them, probably because he wanted to avoid opening any cans of worms regarding where the Golden Age ended and the Silver Age began for Dell comics.

(shrug)

Didn't see a thread like this, so I made one.

So post all your favorite DC, Timely, Fawcett, Ajax etc. with great Funny Animal Covers!

....I don't think that Sheldon Mayer's Three Mouseketeers have shown up here yet.

Well then it's high time they made an appearance!

:acclaim:

Here's a different take on the Musketeers concept:

06-08-201182853PM.jpg

06-08-201182856PM.jpg

06-08-201182859PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

great title logo

scan679.jpg

Fantastic! I really like the facial expressions and all the detail on this cover -- plus almost Itchy and Scratchy level of violence!

I see that it's a 2-issue Rural Home run -- I've never seen it before. GCD doesn't ID the cover but is it Dan Gordon? He (and also Harris Steinbrook, Jack Bradbury, Thurston Harper, Lynn Karp, Carl Wessler, Al Hubbard and Victor Pazmiño are listed on interiors. What a line-up!

Cover of 2 doesn't grab me as much.

Thanks for posting these.

Jack

I bought this at a flea market, thinking I'd got an Australian Fawcett reprint. Of course, if I'd looked at the cover carefully, I'd have seen it was English. Oh well...

Fawcett_FA_52_UK.jpg

Though they don't compare to Barks Ducks, Looney Tunes was still a fun run, and with Kelly showing up from time to time it is definitely worth looking at. Besides, I've always been a sucker for Mary Jane and Sniffles.

1.jpg

1b.jpg