• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diet of Superheroes

34 posts in this topic

I was just thinking about what a superhero would eat on a daily basis.

Being a vegetarian myself, I wondered if anyone remembers any comic book stories that explored the diet of any popular heroes (not The Toad or anything like him).

Especially the non super powered heroes. Like Captain America, Blank Panther, Batman, and the like.

I can't imagine Captain America chowing down with some chili dogs and fries. Or Batman downing a pitcher of beer on a friday night.

Anyone remember any food intake stories of superheroes. Or maybe vitamin regimens or steroid use stories?

Yes, I know. Galactus eats planets. Which brings to mind another question. Did Galactus have to go to the bathroom, and if he did. Where did he go? What did he wipe with?

So many questions. So little time.

Being a vegetarian myself, I wondered if anyone remembers any comic book stories that explored the diet of any popular heroes (not The Toad or anything like him).

Especially the non super powered heroes. Like Captain America, Blank Panther, Batman, and the like.

I can't imagine Captain America chowing down with some chili dogs and fries. Or Batman downing a pitcher of beer on a friday night.

Anyone remember any food intake stories of superheroes. Or maybe vitamin regimens or steroid use stories?

Yes, I know. Galactus eats planets. Which brings to mind another question. Did Galactus have to go to the bathroom, and if he did. Where did he go? What did he wipe with?

So many questions. So little time.

Um... Cap juiced in Super Soldier Serum...

Galactus eats planets. Which brings to mind another question. Did Galactus have to go to the bathroom, and if he did. Where did he go? What did he wipe with?

I think that's what the As in Asteroid belt refers to.

As for the other heroes, they just ate their version of Slim Fast - a can of whoopass.

Green Lantern and Green Arrow would have hot dogs at ball games, Queen's famous chili, beer w/ John Stewart and Guy Gardener.

Peter Parker would have pizza (w/ anchovies?) when he got back from secret wars, wheat cakes? (Whatever aunt may made him.) Ultimate Peter ate a ton of cereal.

Ben Grimm would hit the bars.

That's all I could think of.

Bruce Wayne is often shown being served sanwiches by Alfred while in the batcave. At social events he sticks to drinking Ginger ale. He's been known to grab champagne for appearances then dump it in a nearby plant.

I believe Barbara Gordon as Oracle is Chinese food from the container kind of gal as she never leaves her computer.

And Rorschach seems to like sugar cubes and cold beans straight from the can.

Off the top of my head.

Didn't the Wally West Flash have to eat huge amounts of food to stoke his super-speed, at least for a while in the 90s? I didn't read enough of the series to know what he did with the "roughage", but it probably didn't take him very long to do it.

Eating Beef Bourguignon was a euphemism for Superman and Lois gettin' it on in the 70s, wasn't it?

And they all liked Hostess cakes. That golden sponge cake! That creamy filling!

Jack

When you think of it. A non-super powered hero just could not eat stuff like we eat. It just wouldn't work. Even if Babe Ruth and some Olympians take a dirnk or toke now and then. A super hero with no wuper powers, just couldn't get the job done if they ain't junk.

But then. It IS make believe stuff. So I guess they could. It is up to the writers always.

I would like to see a panel though, whereupon Galactus is dropping his drawers and taking a #2 on the moon.

Now THAT would be funny.

Or maybe even funnier. A #2 from Galactus is hurdling towards Earth and the heroes are trying to figure out what to do about it. Matter Eating Lad devours it, and saves the Earth from a fate worse than death. :)

When you think of it. A non-super powered hero just could not eat stuff like we eat. It just wouldn't work. Even if Babe Ruth and some Olympians take a dirnk or toke now and then. A super hero with no wuper powers, just couldn't get the job done if they ain't junk.

Can someone translate this for me?

Can someone translate this for me?

How about this? "My weekend started early this week."

Jack

Eating Beef Bourguignon was a euphemism for Superman and Lois gettin' it on in the 70s, wasn't it?

Jack

WIN. I read that so many times as a kid, that I asked for that for my birthday dinner in '77 or '78 with no idea what it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_Bourguignon