• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diet of Superheroes

34 posts in this topic

Seems to have zinged over many heads, that I was talking especially about those heroes who are not super powered. None. Notta. Zip. (there it goes again)

A guy like the Black Panther or Batman, just could not feasible (not that they really could anyway) do what they do, and eat chili, pizza and french fries.

Yiou want to be a super hero, and you have no super powers. You need to work out, train and eat right. No two ways about it. There would be no beer no Bon Bons in your diet.

Or, maybe you want to be a super hero who just wears the costume and gets clobbered by some guy who works on the docks and has seventeen teeth.

I was just thinking about what a superhero would eat on a daily basis.

Being a vegetarian myself, I wondered if anyone remembers any comic book stories that explored the diet of any popular heroes (not The Toad or anything like him).

Especially the non super powered heroes. Like Captain America, Blank Panther, Batman, and the like.

I can't imagine Captain America chowing down with some chili dogs and fries. Or Batman downing a pitcher of beer on a friday night.

Anyone remember any food intake stories of superheroes. Or maybe vitamin regimens or steroid use stories?

Yes, I know. Galactus eats planets. Which brings to mind another question. Did Galactus have to go to the bathroom, and if he did. Where did he go? What did he wipe with?

So many questions. So little time.

n120321.jpgcookbookCOVER.gif

SuperHeroCookBook.jpg

this has always bugged me as to why Peter Parker doesn't eat the odd fly. he is part spider after all.

wally west used to eat hamburgers by the 100s if i remember and had some Wimpy type guy waiting for him with them all.

neil.

I'm just wondering who, if anyone, will get the reference.

:shy:

Sigh...I guess only you. :(

Is that a hint? OK, I'll tell. I know I'm not the oldest person here - it came from an episode of Cheers, where Cliff Claven had cross-bred a rutabega and a beet, and was trying to find ways to market it.

-slym ("Er, no habla Español, señor!" )

Nah, it was a classic I Love Lucy episode where she agreed to do a commercial on the stuff. Problem was, it had alcolhol in it and she had to do several takes...having to drink it each time.

The more takes she had to make, the harder it was for her to say the lines...straight. Eventually she got pretty drunk.

There may have been a reference to it in Cheers; although I am unaware of it.

No... that may have been a homage to it, but I believe Lucy's product was called "Vitameatavegamin" or something to that effect. Cheers just didn't play theirs up as long... but it was Cheers with the "beetabega fajita on a pita."

(thumbs u

-slym