• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

heres another question: if the highest bidder pre-extended was at 400K, and you were say 300K. does the system automatically place the other guys extended bidding at $200 increments? probably yes. So no matter what increment you bid in the extended period, there would be an auto bid popping back at your bid plus $200.

Did you experience what you thought were auto bids back at you, confirming you wee bidding against a max bid and not a live bidder?

no, it had to be a live bidder, because I was winning most of the time... I wasn't pushing someone else' proxy up, my proxy was being pushed up by underbidding (live)

and one more, if its too personal PM me or dont answer at all: did you sop bidding at 317 because of fear of winning it for more than that (sticking to a budget?) or, because you felt you were not going to win it and were serving only to drive up the price, hurting your chances on the next Action 1 to appear? Ive often come to that conclusion. But Ive never paid (or bid) 300K for a comic book either. Bravo!

at some point, you have to set a limit...I was hoping to win for less than that...but, once I put my final bid in, that was it...

and, just because the final price was 317,200, there is no way for me to know if the winner hadn't bid $350 or 400K...so, at some point, you have to take the emotion out, and stick to the plan...

at any price under 317,001, I would have been thrilled to win...not sure where or why fear would enter (thumbs u

Ok, I was ready to sign on the dotted line with this:

my gut was $317K...but what do I know

alright, go back to page 16 (or the 160-170 post range if you use diff than 10 per page) and feast your eyes on ACCURACY in Prognostication!!!!!!

the "doctor" is in (for a fee)

...but you blew it with this. :screwy:

let me also say that Roy is one smart man (thumbs u
lol

In my auction, the guy was definitely thinking because it was taking him most of the three minutes to come back with another bid. I guess my question was there a strategy to use. I assume he, like me, was close to his limit.

I was bidding in the 200.00 increment. If I had put my final bid price in, I wonder if he would have cracked when he started putting in 200.00 bids and getting the "you have been outbid do you want to bid again" message or would he have pushed the bidding it up to my limit 200.00 at a time.

And of course it would have saved me 20 minutes of intense emotion. It does stink to be the underbidder on a grail book. I feel for you and feel the same (just on a smaller scale).

In my auction, the guy was definitely thinking because it was taking him most of the three minutes to come back with another bid. I guess my question was there a strategy to use. I assume he, like me, was close to his limit.

I was bidding in the 200.00 increment. If I had put my final bid price in, I wonder if he would have cracked when he started putting in 200.00 bids and getting the "you have been outbid do you want to bid again" message or would he have pushed the bidding it up to my limit 200.00 at a time.

And of course it would have saved me 20 minutes of intense emotion. It does stink to be the underbidder on a grail book. I feel for you and feel the same (just on a smaller scale).

there are several ways to look at it... show all your cards at first, or play them as needed...

ultimately, it boils down to what is the most you are willing to pay...if you reached that point, and someone outbid you, nuff said... no sense to question your methodology, because the end result would likely be the same (thumbs u

there are several ways to look at it... show all your cards at first, or play them as needed...

ultimately, it boils down to what is the most you are willing to pay...if you reached that point, and someone outbid you, nuff said... no sense to question your methodology, because the end result would likely be the same (thumbs u

I just put in my max. bids for the 5 books I was after and came back @ 9:30 to see what I had won, if anything....I got 4 out of 5, but I wasn't going to get caught up in the "game"........Rick, wouldn't it have made sense to just put in a bid of 317K if that was truly your ceiling and come back @ 9:30pm ??

Ok, I was ready to sign on the dotted line with this:

my gut was $317K...but what do I know

alright, go back to page 16 (or the 160-170 post range if you use diff than 10 per page) and feast your eyes on ACCURACY in Prognostication!!!!!!

the "doctor" is in (for a fee)

...but you blew it with this. :screwy:

let me also say that Roy is one smart man (thumbs u

are you saying roy is TWO smart men, or not smart al all. please clear this up mike.

One smart lady.

:kidaround: j/k Roy.

:shy:

I just put in my max. bids for the 5 books I was after and came back @ 9:30 to see what I had won, if anything....I got 4 out of 5, but I wasn't going to get caught up in the "game"........Rick, wouldn't it have made sense to just put in a bid of 317K if that was truly your ceiling and come back @ 9:30pm ??

nah, no fun in that lol

You guys probably know this, but the buyer was apparently Alex Dolmayan from SOD. Allegedly he purchased it for an "undisclosed client". Wonder what his markup will be? hm
do you mean John D? that would certainly be a potential buyer

and one more, if its too personal PM me or dont answer at all: did you sop bidding at 317 because of fear of winning it for more than that (sticking to a budget?) or, because you felt you were not going to win it and were serving only to drive up the price, hurting your chances on the next Action 1 to appear? Ive often come to that conclusion. But Ive never paid (or bid) 300K for a comic book either. Bravo!

at some point, you have to set a limit...I was hoping to win for less than that...but, once I put my final bid in, that was it...

and, just because the final price was 317,200, there is no way for me to know if the winner hadn't bid $350 or 400K...so, at some point, you have to take the emotion out, and stick to the plan...

at any price under 317,001, I would have been thrilled to win...not sure where or why fear would enter (thumbs u

I used "fear" as a way of saying afraid youd end up paying more than you set your limit for. As in afraid of getting caught up with "just one more bid" syndrome/

I admire your disciplined approach! One more increment too often looks doable to me.

so if you got a Highest Bidder notice each time, I guess your counterpart was right there watching the 3 minute time tick away hoping youd go away!

You guys probably know this, but the buyer was apparently Alex Dolmayan from SOD. Allegedly he purchased it for an "undisclosed client". Wonder what his markup will be? hm
do you mean John D?

Sorry, yes (thumbs u

so he bought the Action #1?

do you mean John D?

Sorry, yes (thumbs u

I haven't heard this yet, but hopefully I can find out with a call or 2

I used "fear" as a way of saying afraid youd end up paying more than you set your limit for. As in afraid of getting caught up with "just one more bid" syndrome/

I admire your disciplined approach! One more increment too often looks doable to me.

so if you got a Highest Bidder notice each time, I guess your counterpart was right there watching the 3 minute time tick away hoping youd go away!

gotcha... that is why I set a hard "ending" point...so I don't get caught up

do you mean John D?

Sorry, yes (thumbs u

Yes, according to an internet news source. Sorry I am link providing deficient.

do you mean John D?

Sorry, yes (thumbs u

The drum guy?

do you mean John D?

Sorry, yes (thumbs u

The drum guy?

Exactly (thumbs u