• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out how this ebay seller shipped my slab

64 posts in this topic

lol

well, the seller actually responded QUITE POSITIVELY...

He gave me a FULL REFUND and I GET TO KEEP THE BOOK :o

wow..

Now, I think I'll give him a positive, with a statement like 'Good communication, problem solved, POOR PACKAGING OF CGC SLAB', or something to that effect hm

i certainly did not expect a full refund with me keeping the book :)

I think I'll just hang onto the slab until I have 3+ more books to re-holder...that shouldn't take too long (:

lol

wow..

(:

Give him a positive but don't state he packs like mess.

He did just buy your silence.

:whistle:

And 3 or more books for reholdering at the same time is the way I like to do it.

Much easier on the wallet for the return shipping.

Congrats on an amicable resolution!!

:banana:

lol

wow..

(:

:whistle:

And 3 or more books for reholdering at the same time is the way I like to do it.

Much easier on the wallet for the return shipping.

Congrats on an amicable resolution!!

:headbang:

lol

wow..

Now, I think I'll give him a positive, with a statement like 'Good communication, problem solved, POOR PACKAGING OF CGC SLAB', or something to that effect hm

I think I'll just hang onto the slab until I have 3+ more books to re-holder...that shouldn't take too long (:

This is why people shouldn't be so quick to Neg a seller. Give them the opportunity to make amends first. IMO he went above and beyond to remedy his mistake. I would have been happy had he refunded enough of the money to cover shipping/reslabbing costs, but a FREE book?

Positive Communication, Exceptional Customer Service, and I probably wouldn't ding him on the shipping that badly as it seems he will correct his mistake for future sales.

Iz exactly what he did, unfortunately. So he would prolly get rather upset if you mention that. ^ ^;

This is why people shouldn't be so quick to Neg a seller. Give them the opportunity to make amends first. IMO he went above and beyond to remedy his mistake. I would have been happy had he refunded enough of the money to cover shipping/reslabbing costs, but a FREE book?

Positive Communication, Exceptional Customer Service, and I probably wouldn't ding him on the shipping that badly as it seems he will correct his mistake for future sales.

If he doesn't he won't make any $$ selling on ebay if he has to refund it and give away the book.

:kidaround:

If he doesn't he won't make any $$ selling on ebay if he has to refund it and give away the book.

:kidaround:

ya

I was just never quick to neg someone until I give them a chance to make amends first. If they don't then I roast em.

A positive for the seller and a 1 for shipping in detailed statistics would be my vote...and negotiate reholder fees.

A positive???

I'd positively shove this book (envelope & all) up this seller's a$s !!

You gotta be kidding, sterling? (tsk)

Claims of ignorance or apathy from the seller just don't fly here.

Rick

I know I was going to get flak for saying that...that's cool by me. I'm ok with someone giving this guy a neg, but the seller's motives and intentions once I reported it would influence my final decision. As is the case here, he acknowledged his sloppy packaging and made the buyer whole. Can't ask for me (although I've seen some people try).

I don't go off the handle in microseconds and threaten negatives...tone it down a notch guys.

I wonder why I don't bother with eBay anymore, and then a thread comes along like this and reminds me. :)

I'd have to agree that adding the shipping problem in your feedback seems unneccessary since the guy made pretty good on his mistake.

But it's the principle of the matter... think about it, say you didn't know about this and you bought a slab from him today. It shows up 4 days later looking like this example. Now, if the guy's feedback showed that he packs comics badly (and we all do check feedback from potential sellers before buying, right? RIGHT???) maybe you would have passed on this auction, saved some time.....?????

I wouldn't want to go through all what PhiGam went through if, by doing some minor checking, I could avoid it.

;)

-slym

You're were kidding, right?

Yes, it was crappy how the seller mailed the book. But you just ended up with a full refund AND a 9.9 book for FREE. Something must have happened on the other end that made the seller realize a major mistake happened. Otherwise, they could have just said they would cover the reholder process.

If anything, when I have situations like this on eBay, you'll know my code words for it in a positive way - "A seller that truly cares about the buyer experience." Nothing more than that.

Don't do the revenge thing if the seller reacted so fast to fix the situation. That type karma comes back.

I'd have to agree that adding the shipping problem in your feedback seems unneccessary since the guy made pretty good on his mistake.

But it's the principle of the matter... think about it, say you didn't know about this and you bought a slab from him today. It shows up 4 days later looking like this example. Now, if the guy's feedback showed that he packs comics badly (and we all do check feedback from potential sellers before buying, right? RIGHT???) maybe you would have passed on this auction, saved some time.....?????

I wouldn't want to go through all what PhiGam went through if, by doing some minor checking, I could avoid it.

;)

-slym

I would. Just give me my free book.

;)

-slym

I would. Just give me my free book.

lol

after giving it a bit more thought, i think i'll say something like

'Good communication, shipping problem fixed! Thanks!'

does this seem acceptable? tryin' to put myself in this guys shoes....i ship someone a slab, they get it and its all cracked up (even though I'd have insurance on it, and tell the guy to take it up with the USPS, probably giving me a neg (shrug) )....if you gave someone a total refund, would the above message irk you?

Honestly, I really like the phrase about "Truly cares about customer experience." Maybe throw something like that in there? I don't think the shipping problem really needs to be mentioned, since you're out nothing and he's trying to keep up the business. P= Just my opinion. ^ ^

Good communication, shipping problem fixed! Thanks!'

does this seem acceptable? tryin' to put myself in this guys shoes....i ship someone a slab, they get it and its all cracked up (even though I'd have insurance on it, and tell the guy to take it up with the USPS, probably giving me a neg (shrug) )....if you gave someone a total refund, would the above message irk you?

To me, I think drop the situation he just went above and beyond to fix, and did it quickly. Otherwise, if you had to fight for the money, I'd think otherwise.

Something generic that also reflects they care or close to that.

That's just my take on life. Maybe I'm wrong - but I don't think so.

Just awful. I had a similar experience with a Bronze ASM shipped from Canada. Case was trashed, but posts intact. Seller paid for my reholdering fees. He claimed to have shipped over 200 slabs this way + mine was the first one that got damaged?!?!?! doh!