• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My own personal GRAIL story !!! WARNING SUPER LONG POST

56 posts in this topic

Cool story! I would have been sweating bullets over whether it was restored. Glad it came out great.

thanks man - actually I bought it cgc slabbed - the scans were sent to me from the seller from before it was graded. (thumbs u

Even better. :applause:

I almost thought near the end of the story after the rain started, that you were going to be worried about getting mugged. :gossip: (By other collectors...)

lol actually the thought did cross my mind..."what if someone grabs it off of me and runs away like a purse snatcher?"...."what if they check my bag at mid-town comics and accuse me of stealing it from the shop?" "what if they stop me at airport security and go through my things and.....DROP IT?!!!" ....etc. etc. etc....

but it was all good :headbang:

That would worry me the most would be airport searchers.

Awesome Book.

How many times did you pull it out on the plane ride home to take a look at it?

well the answer is zero times...I was lucky enough to get the exit row seat but I forgot in doing so you lose the storage option under the seat in front of you doh!

So the flight attendant made me put it in the overhead storage!! :o and since the flight was so short (Pittsburgh to NYC) I never got a chance to check on it. Luckily, it turned out fine

Awesome Book.

How many times did you pull it out on the plane ride home to take a look at it?

well the answer is zero times...I was lucky enough to get the exit row seat but I forgot in doing so you lose the storage option under the seat in front of you doh!

So the flight attendant made me put it in the overhead storage!! :o and since the flight was so short (Pittsburgh to NYC) I never got a chance to check on it. Luckily, it turned out fine

I can just imagine the last passenger to board eyeballing the whole plane before finally settling on your overhead storage bin in which to jam his oversized hard-shell carry-on. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the story.