• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 5.0 R on ebay looks real

186 posts in this topic

$86,600 with one day to go - is this book going to join the $100,000 club?

Check out the last two bidders, the last has 7 feedbacks and the one before him is private with 0% positive feedbacks. If I were this seller, I would ban the private bidder and try to find out more about the 7 feedback bidder.

Check out the last two bidders, the last has 7 feedbacks and the one before him is private with 0% positive feedbacks. If I were this seller, I would ban the private bidder and try to find out more about the 7 feedback bidder.

Shilly nonsense maybe ?

Shilly nonsense maybe ?
I know ben is not shilling his own auction, but is the high bidder legit or not, I would be skeptical (shrug)

Shilly nonsense maybe ?
I know ben is not shilling his own auction, but is the high bidder legit or not, I would be skeptical (shrug)

Maybe. But I dont know the guy either. People sometimes change ways over cash. Not to say that he is doing so. But it wouldnt be that uncommon.

Shilly nonsense maybe ?

Maybe. But I dont know the guy either. People sometimes change ways over cash. Not to say that he is doing so. But it wouldnt be that uncommon.

I think anyone that tries to shill an auction at that level would have to be insane...anything over 75K for this book is gravy...take the money and run...

Shilly nonsense maybe ?

I think anyone that tries to shill an auction at that level would have to be insane...anything over 75K for this book is gravy...take the money and run...

Didn't he post on the boards that he was hoping for 90K?

Shilly nonsense maybe ?

yes, but ben has been trying to sell it for $90K for over a year...the best offer, and probably FMV has been $75K...heck, if I lose the 6.0 CC copy, I am even willing to go to that, just to "have one"... but, I have spoken to ben at length about the book, and he is smart enough to know a "real" bidder versus someone on ebay playing games...

Shilly nonsense maybe ?

yes, but ben has been trying to sell it for $90K for over a year...the best offer, and probably FMV has been $75K...heck, if I lose the 6.0 CC copy, I am even willing to go to that, just to "have one"... but, I have spoken to ben at length about the book, and he is smart enough to know a "real" bidder versus someone on ebay playing games...

You can do better!!

Shilly nonsense maybe ?

You can do better!!

my feeling is it is a $70K (since that is what I offered Ben for it)... however, it is a nice presenting copy that looks fn/vf (if you had in a fortress, that is how most would grade it)... could do better, but could do worse too

It is weird that all of the bids since $70K have been by folks who have little to no eBay history.

hm Strange indeed.. I hope that the owner of the book looks into those bidders in depth. Me thinks that they do not seem promising in paying for the book if one of them wins.

It is weird that all of the bids since $70K have been by folks who have little to no eBay history.

that is exactly what I told ben yesterday...once I "bowed" out, how can one be sure the rest of the bidders are "legit"... but, Ben is a smart guy, he is taking precautions, I am sure!