• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, it was stupid, impulsive 15X Guide but I bought it anyway.

23 posts in this topic

Well with my avatar I shouldn't be surprised. I said to myself, you aleady have it raw dumb dumb - do you really need a slabbed copy? 4_1_9.gif

Ah well, what can you say - throw Mr. analyzing never gets sucked into a bidding war - doesnt flip CGC books - collector with a soft spot for RAw Books out the window. I guess I can be resigned to the fact that only two things make me bid impulsively - George Perez Teen Titans and Neal Adams. er well really impulsively. Could be worse, if I didnt blow a wack a cash on a plane ticket home for X-Mas, I have a funny feeling DAM60's copy of Batman 232 would be right behind this puppy in my auctions won section.

Tales of the Teen Titans 44

As far as moderns go, that's a pretty good $60 in my opinion. Truly classic origin deathstroke (won the story of the year award that year), first appearance. I don't even like nightwing (too fruity, sorry) and I still love that book! thumbsup2.gif

If some of the marvel zombies actually read that book it would be worth $150 thumbsup2.gif

I mean I reall could care less if it ever goes up in value cause its never coming out of the collection, well if the individual who has the 9.9 ever decided to part then maybe. But ya Wolfman and Perez are as good as any writer/artist tandem EVER. 893whatthe.gif You dont think so, read the books man you'll become a believer. sumo.gif

This isn't a bad price on a 9.8. Ask yourself...how long would it take you to hunt for a CGC 9.8 copy of that book by hunting dealer inventory? For most books, it could take weeks, months--maybe even years. You just saved yourself all that hunting for only ~$60.

Great pick-up. I'm after a 9.6 or higher on DS's origin also. I won a 9.6 of NTT No. 2 a few weeks ago.

Good deal!

NTT No.2 is like an obscure medium difficult to find book. maybe it was all the Canadian copies, but the Prod. Quaility I've seen is baaaaaad. You would think that it would be tougher to find the #1 since its a white cover, but I'm beginning to refer to the 2 as the yellow devil.

Can't wait to get home for xmas and reread the Judas Contract story line as it has been a few years. Sometimes, I envy the peeps here who throw up all the scans of their books. Having moved around for work a bit my books (all 12,000 ish of them) are at my parents place back in Canada. In a temp controlled room that recieves no sunlight, no heat in the winter and proper amounts of AC in the summer of course. grin.gif

Thanks for the support - ya know I was just a little jumpy after popping a modern for $60 as I always cringe at some of the prices post-90s books bring. This one's an 80s book but was still a little flighty after pulling the trigger. hi.gif

Oh ya and the Terminator was like DC's modern response to Wolvie, cried when his series got cancelled. ditto to the 5 stars. NTT fans gotta sick together, we may have lost alot of battles for er wel the past decade, but we will win the war, as soon as I hold Marv and George at gunpoint and make them resurrect the NTT, and not those youg whelps they just brought back either.

Actually for this book and having seen literally 100s of them its not as bad as alot I've seen so 893applaud-thumb.gif on the buy. Just seeing that puppy makes me 4_2_4.gif with admiration. I was 7 or 8 when it came out..........ah memories. thumbsup2.gif

Oh ya the first 18 covers or so in the 2nd, er make that third for the SAers, run are like top top notch, no pun intended. Anybody have em knows what I mean. grrr frustration again over my books being in Canada.

But ya Wolfman and Perez are as good as any writer/artist tandem EVER

I'm sure you've already heard that they'll be doing an original TT graphic novel in 2004. Hardcover stand-alone story.

Should bring back some memories.

But ya Wolfman and Perez are as good as any writer/artist tandem EVER

I'm sure you've already heard that they'll be doing an original TT graphic novel in 2004. Hardcover stand-alone story.

Should bring back some memories.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I was about 13 when the Wolfman/Perez Titans series started and I never understood why they were so popular. I read quite a few issues because I sorta liked the art, but they never did a thing for me. Maybe it's just one of those books that I never "got" for some strange reason. Anyway, paying $60 for a CGC 9.8 book that means a lot to you is certainly rational, and I'm sure you'll get more than enough enjoyment out of it to justify the purchase.

I recently got one of my favorite 80s comics slabbed...Judge Dredd #3 (Eagle reprint series). This book is virtually worthless as far as the market value goes, but it is worth a lot to me, so I paid the money to get it slabbed even though I will not ever sell it.

I believe it's next Christmas. It was a book they started back when the TT were hot. George gave up on it in the middle of the project. DC sold the finished pages.

The guy who bought the pages agreed to let them use them to complete the book. Since George is done with JLA/Avengers, and CrossGen, he agreed to finish the TT book.

linky