• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AP Interviews "S" on the CGC Action Comics #1 6.0

57 posts in this topic

That's a very positive piece and good PR for the book and the industry.

I would have phrased the investment potential differently than Stephen did. I do believe the investment value is in the comic book itself rather than simply because the stock market is a poor investment. I view the book as standing on its own from an investment standpoint whether the market is doing well or poorly. IMHO.

At first glance I thought Stephen pulled the book out of a fridge. lol

That is funny, cause at first glance I thought Stephen had gained a little weight.

Then at second glance I thought he needs to get with ciorac's training program.

;)

At first glance I thought Stephen pulled the book out of a fridge. lol

That is funny, cause at first glance I thought Stephen had gained a little weight.

Then at second glance I thought he needs to get with ciorac's training program.

;)

I asked him the same thing the other day...he said he has gotten older and a little bit heavier... then again, so have I :cry:

I asked him the same thing the other day...he said he has gotten older and a little bit heavier... then again, so have I :cry:

Ah, I've gotten a bit balder, so I guess it all evens out.

I've gotten a bit taller rantrant

Ah, I've gotten a bit balder, so I guess it all evens out.

I've gotten a bit taller rantrant

I'll trade you a bit of weight for a few inches.

Ok, that came out so very wrong.

Yep, I have showed several people the book and I can't beleive it is not at least a quarter of the home page.

I agree. All the great publicity and it's a postage stamp at the top.

I would have phrased the investment potential differently than Stephen did. I do believe the investment value is in the comic book itself rather than simply because the stock market is a poor investment. I view the book as standing on its own from an investment standpoint whether the market is doing well or poorly. IMHO.

Mark;

Yes, definitely an azz backwards way of pointing out the investment value for an Action #1.

I actually thought his rationale underscored the potential investment value of the stock market right now. After all, it's a lot better to buy the Dow now at 7,000 points as opposed to buying it last year at 14,000 points. hm

Mark;

Yes, definitely an azz backwards way of pointing out the investment value for an Action #1.

I actually thought his rationale underscored the potential investment value of the stock market right now. After all, it's a lot better to buy the Dow now at 7,000 points as opposed to buying it last year at 14,000 points. hm

If you love it now at 7000, youll go bonkers when its at 5500 VERY shortly

Mark;

I disagree with your point of view. People already know the significance of Action #1. Having someone on TV pump and hype the book is what people would normally expect. But these are not normal times.

People outside the hobby are looking to put money into something with some stability. Playing on the fear of the stock market is a perfect way to do that. And with good reason. Yes, the stock market has gone way down. Problem is that very few people feel that it going to rebound anytime soon.

In case anyone is unaware, it is scary out there.

Mark;

I disagree with your point of view. People already know the significance of Action #1. Having someone on TV pump and hype the book is what people would normally expect. But these are not normal times.

People outside the hobby are looking to put money into something with some stability. Playing on the fear of the stock market is a perfect way to do that. And with good reason. Yes, the stock market has gone way down. Problem is that very few people feel that it going to rebound anytime soon.

In case anyone is unaware, it is scary out there.

The problem is that once you get people jumping in only to hide their money, when they jump out you get a large void...and what we are left with is another stock market.

The hobby (for the majority) has simply been about enjoying the books and pursuing books for the sake of the books AND investment.

Once you get major investors in simply for the sake of investing you will introduce an instability that has not been in the hobby since it's inception and this may be the reason all other hobbies have had their flucuations.

Personally I'd rather keep the investors out.

hm

the investors have coins and to some degree, still stamps/ball cards... Parino and Greg manning already showed what happens when folks only try to invest ..ends badly... precedent is set :wishluck: