• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Finished the second book of Crown of shadows earlier and I must admit I am enjoying this series more and more. I will gladly give everyone my opinions on it but I am hoping to get upto date and then read them all for a second time as I get the feeling they will all just get better and better with every read :cloud9:
Wait until you read COS #6. It's the best book in the run since Head Games #6. I'm excited for Keys To The Kingdom #6 now if this is a new tradition. :headbang:

Finished the second book of Crown of shadows earlier and I must admit I am enjoying this series more and more. I will gladly give everyone my opinions on it but I am hoping to get upto date and then read them all for a second time as I get the feeling they will all just get better and better with every read :cloud9:
Wait until you read COS #6. It's the best book in the run since Head Games #6. I'm excited for Keys To The Kingdom #6 now if this is a new tradition. :headbang:

Just finished COS #6 and wow what a great book, loved it, I tell ya, Loved it :applause:

Just finished COS #6 and wow what a great book, loved it, I tell ya, Loved it :applause:

It was the best comicbook of this year, IMHO.

I never expected something like COS #6 to kick as much emotional butt as it did, following a battle between a giant Tyler and a large dog covered with black symbiote.

It was the best comicbook of this year, IMHO.

I never expected something like COS #6 to kick as much emotional butt as it did, following a battle between a giant Tyler and a large dog covered with black symbiote.

The silent battle was awesome with page after page of great art. In #6 I just loved the whole "fix him, fix him you've fixed everyone else..." and when she came onto Tyler, thinking it was her husband, wow and latter slapped Kinsey and the reaction of Bode and Tyler it was all just so emotional. Something seriously bad is going to happen with the mother on such a destruct path. I also get the feeling Tyler is going to do something major before long

They need a time travel key :D maybe they can borrow doc browns

The "Hourglass Key" is on top of the grandfather clock. Bode was gonna use it with the "Animal Key" to save his dad at the Willits place, but Joe abandoned the idea and altered the storyline in the trades.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys. I'm actually working on the Anywhere Key tag art tonight. I have the next two keys in the works already (Shadow and one still to be announced for February), but I'd love to hear what keys you guys are hoping to see.

Again, any ideas, questions, or issues, please drop us a line.

Welcome Israel! All Locke & Key fans find their way to this forum sooner or later! We Love Your Work!

The "Hourglass Key" is on top of the grandfather clock. Bode was gonna use it with the "Animal Key" to save his dad at the Willits place, but Joe abandoned the idea and altered the storyline in the trades.

dude spoilers Like I"ve said I've not read the latest stuff yet

Edited by synch

dude spoilers Like I"ve said I've not read the latest stuff yet

You haven't read the first trades yet. Sorry dude. I thought you did. My bad. It's all in the details of G-Rod's art.

I got a locke & key #1 in today its so nice looking! could be a 9.8 but think it will be 9.6 :( I'll save it for a SS some day though so I'm happy :) I'm going to take it up to my lcs & see what he thinks Its almost like a little dent or something on the front cover at the top... but its not a dent ... ... Just in this one spot & its so tiny ......

Edited by synch

:bump:

for issue #4

Roof is back!

casualties.jpg

Casualties

When Squadron Strange accepts a mission from a ghost, they find themselves on their most perilous raid ever... straight into the heart of a haunted mansion! Sgt. Rufus Whedon and Corporal Bode Locke have a terrifying lesson to learn: if you're dealing with a dead man, you better think fast and fight hard, if you don't want to wind up one yourself!

I love this series. I can't wait to read this one. :cool:

:bump:

for issue #4

Roof is back!

casualties.jpg

Casualties

When Squadron Strange accepts a mission from a ghost, they find themselves on their most perilous raid ever... straight into the heart of a haunted mansion! Sgt. Rufus Whedon and Corporal Bode Locke have a terrifying lesson to learn: if you're dealing with a dead man, you better think fast and fight hard, if you don't want to wind up one yourself!

I love this series. I can't wait to read this one. :cool:

Wow...this cover actually made my neck tense up. Why oh why is this arc bi-monthly?! :frustrated: