• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Can't wait to submit this bad-boy too.

The embossed area is off center by an inch.

DSC026651.jpg

I believe this is the first L & K "error" copy to this series that has been caught. hm

Awesome stuff Jerel, let us know what the label denotes when you get it back (thumbs u

Also, could you give me a heads up when CoS hardcover comes out, I need to add it to my signed editions you sent me :cloud9:

I just checked out eBay.com, are #1 first prints really fetching $50 upwards or are some sellers just wishful thinkers?

I think Mile High is the only seller that has a #1 first print raw for $74.99... my graded 9.8 copy has an offer that I am going to accept shortly.

I really should have checked out the seller shouldn't I? doh!

I'm absolutely useless at raw prices, I was just doing some checking as somebody asked me if I have a spare #1 first print, which I do, and had no idea how much they were fetching now.

Considering it's a sure-fire 9.8 (possibly higher) I'm going to go top end, I just don't know what hat is lol

Don't sell yourself short. Interest has really peaked in L&K in the past month and I suspect it will just get higher. Maybe grade it? By the time you get it back, the timing should be just right. :)

DSC026651.jpg

I believe this is the first L & K "error" copy to this series that has been caught. hm

Awesome stuff Jerel, let us know what the label denotes when you get it back (thumbs u

Also, could you give me a heads up when CoS hardcover comes out, I need to add it to my signed editions you sent me :cloud9:

Yep! I'll be interested to know how CGC denotes it also. It's really hard to get an error copy out of them sometimes... My two extra #5s are "normal"

I just checked out eBay.com, are #1 first prints really fetching $50 upwards or are some sellers just wishful thinkers?

I think Mile High is the only seller that has a #1 first print raw for $74.99... my graded 9.8 copy has an offer that I am going to accept shortly.

I really should have checked out the seller shouldn't I? doh!

I'm absolutely useless at raw prices, I was just doing some checking as somebody asked me if I have a spare #1 first print, which I do, and had no idea how much they were fetching now.

Considering it's a sure-fire 9.8 (possibly higher) I'm going to go top end, I just don't know what hat is lol

Don't sell yourself short. Interest has really peaked in L&K in the past month and I suspect it will just get higher. Maybe grade it? By the time you get it back, the timing should be just right. :)

I was thinking of grading it to be honest, I would have got the whole set graded but I just gave my #2 away to a friend who needed it to complete his run. I think three of the first six issue arc have corner dings anyway, so I'll just be sticking to the #1 and the rest can go raw.

It's a shame I have to sell them but space is at a premium at the moment as my Bats collection is growing fast. At least I have those lovely HCs from Jerel :grin:

The third COS HC has been out for a couple months now, but I have been waiting to get some signed. It's been hectic with Joe's Horns's book tour schedule this year.

I just purchased two complete 1st print sets from sellers in In-Ger-Lund which I'll more than like grade and sell, as long as they are what the sellers say they are (always subjective!). Like you, I sell them to fuel purchases for my Alpha Flight set. :cloud9:

DSC026651.jpg

Yep! I'll be interested to know how CGC denotes it also. It's really hard to get an error copy out of them sometimes... My two extra #5s are "normal"

I really don't know for sure, but I think it will get a green label, that has Manufacturing Error written on the far right of it. I really don't think it will get it's own slot like the white Venom: Lethal Protector error book. Either way it's a great little thing to have in my shortbox.

Got any info on this Jerel?

It's the lowest end Subterranean Press you can buy. I usually buy these, because I'm not really into the $$$ Subterranean Press hardcovers, since I have all the floppies anyway. They have neat little scripts of all six books in the arc too, that shed a lot of light on stuff you might miss in G-Rod's detailed art.

Silica Gel.
Yep. Moisture packs to keep a stable enviroment in case of humidity from weather or showers. I got a little excessive with them in the L & K box because there is still room "as the collection grows" and mainly to keep them from the cat because "she tends to chew on them". :eyeroll:

hmHeavily Edited Paragraph Above. Trying "my best" to keep out of the Out-Of-Context Thread this week.You just can't write "as it grows", "trying my hardest" or "she tends to chew on one" anymore. lol

OT but a tiny L&K related

http://tformers.com/transformers-idw-infestation-begins-the-zombie-epic-crossover/14458/news.html

The entire event will make its presence felt on the cover of the January Previews catalog, showcasing a special INFESTATION “quadrtych” image of Snake Eyes, Mr. Spock, OPTIMUS PRIME, and Dr. Peter Venkman under attack from a zombie by LOCKE & KEY artist Gabriel Rodriguez.

Personally I think I'm going to shoot BB a pm on this one :)

Edited by synch