• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Got the two keys available at the show, as well as a sharp #1, and my Head Games and Crown HC's showed from amazon. Started Head Games last night, will likely finish on the subway home. I'm finding it much more engaging than Welcome to Lovecraft so far, but I kind of expected that. As it was clear that Lovecraft was mostly about laying groundwork.

No no props... Like in the book there is some small one shot or something about the kids finding an idw key ...

Speaking of props though in email they said they should be working on a shadow key coming out soon as well :) I asked em about a giant key & they said most likely not :S D'oh I know it wouldn't be a huge large life size get but I'd love a small sized giant key :D

Anyone have a link handy that has cover gallery pics ?. I think I'm getting hooked on collecting singles for this series be it a little late ... Trying to decide what ones I want to go after cgc... I'm thinking that one with bodes brain on the cover for sure

Edited by synch

No no props... Like in the book there is some small one shot or something about the kids finding an idw key ...

Speaking of props though in email they said they should be working on a shadow key coming out soon as well :) I asked em about a giant key & they said most likely not :S D'oh I know it wouldn't be a huge large life size get but I'd love a small sized giant key :D

There was an IDW Key made(that unlocks the IDW Universe into the L & K one from an outhouse, appearances from Snake Eyes, Tank Girl, 30 Days of Night, Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse happen throughout), based on an obscure L & K story, "In The Can". :whistle:

Heh! Well I got my 2nd head key in... as I thought my first one was all beat to hell... paint chipped all over the place on it ... I'm kind of disappointed that mine slipped passed what ever passes for quality control ... Honestly thinking of emailing the guys & see what they say about it ...

Edited by synch

Got this one recently from eBay.

DSC027251.jpg

I know. I already have a CGC 10 in this book, but it was technically a different "variant" of it.

101.jpg

My first CGC 10 of the #4 variant had "ghosting" from a printer defect on it that CGC didn't catch. But, they can't label a book a book a manufacturing error if it's a Gem Mint too, Ali told me before she left. So who knows?

102.jpg

This was a common defect with all the SDCC 2009 Slipcase #4's, plus it had a darker brown L & K title. The SDCC book had a 100 book print run too.

103.jpg

I just wanted a normal one to go with my other one. It's the 32nd mint book to my L&K run too. :acclaim:

Synch,

Sorry about any issues with your first key. The antique finish gives each Head Key a slightly different look, but if it's a matter of a plating issue and not antiquing, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll gladly replace it. We want to keep fans happy and definitely only want quality work out there.

We just found this forum and have to say, it's nice to have a place for "Locke & Key" fans like myself.

Israel

Synch,

Sorry about any issues with your first key. The antique finish gives each Head Key a slightly different look, but if it's a matter of a plating issue and not antiquing, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll gladly replace it. We want to keep fans happy and definitely only want quality work out there.

We just found this forum and have to say, it's nice to have a place for "Locke & Key" fans like myself.

Israel

Yeah Welcome Israel, I got my first Key this week, courtesy of Jerel (Thanks again (thumbs u ) and I was so impressed I may have to try and get the others! :cloud9:

DSC027251.jpg

I know. I already have a CGC 10 in this book, but it was technically a different "variant" of it.

101.jpg

My first CGC 10 of the #4 variant had "ghosting" from a printer defect on it that CGC didn't catch. But, they can't label a book a book a manufacturing error if it's a Gem Mint too, Ali told me before she left. So who knows?

102.jpg

This was a common defect with all the SDCC 2009 Slipcase #4's, plus it had a darker brown L & K title. The SDCC book had a 100 book print run too.

103.jpg

I just wanted a normal one to go with my other one. It's the 32nd mint book to my L&K run too. :acclaim:

Great find mate!

Finished the second book of Crown of shadows earlier and I must admit I am enjoying this series more and more. I will gladly give everyone my opinions on it but I am hoping to get upto date and then read them all for a second time as I get the feeling they will all just get better and better with every read :cloud9:

DSC027251.jpg

I know. I already have a CGC 10 in this book, but it was technically a different "variant"

103.jpg

Haha I bid on that one! I am glad you are the one that won it though :D

Synch,

Israel

ha! I was just going to come over here & post how cool it was that you guys contacted me about that welcome to the forums :applause: Even though I was griping a bit online you guys should know that you still have a buyer for any keys you make I love these things :) I will scan both my keys & let you guys decide if there is a problem with the first one

Edited by synch

Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys. I'm actually working on the Anywhere Key tag art tonight. I have the next two keys in the works already (Shadow and one still to be announced for February), but I'd love to hear what keys you guys are hoping to see.

Again, any ideas, questions, or issues, please drop us a line.

I'm thinking the "Gender Key" is most obvious as one to come after the "Shadow Key", I have no idea how would you would make an "Animal Key", plastic or ivory, although that would be cool if done. As cheesy as it sounds, I would like to see a better "IDW Key" made(the first one being included with the IDW: 10 year Anniversary Set). I felt the "In The Can" story was vastly underrated for having Joe, Gabe and Jay work on together. I figure the key we won't ever be seeing is the "Race Key", because of it's complexity with other stuff on it. Pretty funny how it was originally supposed to be a cloak to achieve this too.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=12517