• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

does the book have letter pages ?! If so what is the email address I send off a letter too .. I want to write in before the series ends ...

bump

There is no letters page, but write into here.

http://joehillfiction.com/

He reads everything. (thumbs u

"Synch has a juicy brain"

Walking-Dead1-225x300.jpg

"Yum"

Just received grade on my L&K Special Edition #1 variant! I purchased as a 9.8 last year and hallelujah - it WAS a 9.8! The one below is my set copy. Now four of them have been graded - three at 9.8 and one at 9.9 - guess who has the 9.9?? lol!

LockeKeySpecEdVar1F.jpg

Just received grade on my L&K Special Edition #1 variant! I purchased as a 9.8 last year and hallelujah - it WAS a 9.8! The one below is my set copy. Now four of them have been graded - three at 9.8 and one at 9.9 - guess who has the 9.9?? lol!
Definitely caught my interest this morning. This is the rarest of variants at an estimated 150-200 copies. Most shops didn't order more than 3 copies of the regular copy(which was a $6 reprint :P ), so these went unclaimed. If you are a fan of this series and might want to build a Registry Set down the road, this is the book to get NOW!

Definitely caught my interest this morning. This is the rarest of variants at an estimated 150-200 copies. Most shops didn't order more than 3 copies of the regular copy(which was a $6 reprint :P ), so these went unclaimed. If you are a fan of this series and might want to build a Registry Set down the road, this is the book to get NOW!

I don't even see any on evil bay :S You know if L&K had XXX amount of books ordered & LCS only ordered XX are there just a bunch of first prints of volume one sitting in a box at diamond someplace ? (shrug):roflmao: I mean what do they do with the unsold copies right ?..

I can call up just about any shop here & they don't even know what it is other than they don't order the series S:

Edited by synch

Besides the books my bestest buddy donated to my set, I have to say the Special Edition Variant is in the top three favorite books of my set, hmmmm... I'm pretty much sure it's my second favorite graded book in it right now. Beautiful cover, very scarce and in uber high grade makes me love the damn reprint.

The Special Edition Variant

Yes I knew Jerel had that 9.9, I look at it every once in a while when I check his registry set. I check yours as well Cheryllynn. Just awesome L&K goodness through and through.
I need to get some pics up of the new books. :ohnoez: I'm pretty sure, I'm not changing my picture style next year Registry Set overhaul.

Yes I knew Jerel had that 9.9, I look at it every once in a while when I check his registry set. I check yours as well Cheryllynn. Just awesome L&K goodness through and through.
I need to get some pics up of the new books. :ohnoez: I'm pretty sure, I'm not changing my picture style next year Registry Set overhaul.

I love everything about your registry pages Jerel, except those 9.8's :insane:

Attention all L&K fans!

This evening after 7 pm, I am holding a New England Gothic-style auction (which basically means FREE for the cost of mailing). TWO of the slabs offered may be of interest to you. (and no, one of them isn't the Special Edition #1 variant cover). :)

Thread was activated and one non-L&K slab already posted this a.m.