• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Can't wait to submit this bad-boy too.

The embossed area is off center by an inch.

DSC026651.jpg

I believe this is the first L & K "error" copy to this series that has been caught. hm

Awesome stuff Jerel, let us know what the label denotes when you get it back (thumbs u

Also, could you give me a heads up when CoS hardcover comes out, I need to add it to my signed editions you sent me :cloud9:

Yep! I'll be interested to know how CGC denotes it also. It's really hard to get an error copy out of them sometimes... My two extra #5s are "normal"

For some reason, I got this back with a Universal Blue label. I wrote that it was a Manufacturing Error on the invoice too, and yet it still stayed out of a GLOD holder.

DSC028061.jpg

I just don't know?

Must be too high of a grade to be considered an "error book". (shrug)

travolta-jackson-pulp_jpg.jpg

Vincent: Pilot? What's a pilot?

Jules: Well, you know the shows on TV?

Vincent: I don't watch TV.

Jules: Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?

Vincent: Yeah.

Jules: Well, the way they pick TV shows is, they make one show. That show's called a pilot. Then they show that one show to the people who pick shows, and on the strength of that one show they decide if they're want to make more shows. Some get chosen and become television programs. Some don't, become nothing.

The Locke & Key Pilot Ordered!

travolta-jackson-pulp_jpg.jpg

Vincent: Pilot? What's a pilot?

Jules: Well, you know the shows on TV?

Vincent: I don't watch TV.

Jules: Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?

Vincent: Yeah.

Jules: Well, the way they pick TV shows is, they make one show. That show's called a pilot. Then they show that one show to the people who pick shows, and on the strength of that one show they decide if they're want to make more shows. Some get chosen and become television programs. Some don't, become nothing.

The Locke & Key Pilot Ordered!

:applause::headbang::applause::headbang::applause:

AMC is the way to go! I'm hoping to add a #1 cgc to my collection in the nest day or so whenthe auction ends! Hoping no one else will bid on the damn thing lol! lke that will happen though

:acclaim:

DSC005531.jpg

You guys will have to forgive me for bragging. This will probably be the only time I will never have to pay through the nose for a book in it's highest grade with an impending TV show coming.

Bragging is awesome for any book specially books like this :) So is your set finally complete ,,, How much did you pay ? .. for a 9,8 I'd only be willing to pay in the $50 range lol! I just wait till so called hype is down if there is any at all yet even heh! I wonder if the piolet will get leaked before the show airs... would be nice to see if they decide not to take the show :S that way we can either laugh at the or person_without_enough_empathy about how it was canceled haha!

:acclaim:

DSC097241.jpg

You guys will have to forgive me for bragging. This will probably be the only time I will never have to pay through the nose for a book in it's highest grade with an impending TV show coming.

(worship)

With a book as cool as this you have the right to brag (worship)

I may have to add a #1 CGC copy to my collection before the TV hype, while I can still afford it :eek:

hope u are noy eyeing my boojk!! hm Where Is the shake fist emoticon ?.. :P:roflmao:

Don't worry I may just wait till after Christmas when I have some money. My collecting goals, for the next year, includes getting a 9.8+ run in Locke and Key upto COS. Only one book so far on it's way :cloud9: