• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

This is NOT my favorite cover, too commercialized looking... but of course I'll get it!

I felt it was kind of comic-booky myself. lol

:gossip:It would have helped if it was an "actual" Giant Issue too.

I just won a lot of Locke & Key books on the Bay, and in the description it had the following:

All issues are 1st printings with issue #'s 2 & 3 of the first series being publishers (IDW) copies signified by official IDW seal.

Anyone know what a publisher's copy is? I have not been able to find anything about it online anywhere...made up fairytale maybe? hm

just placed abid on a 9.8 on ebay its at $35 right now. .. I most likely won't win since I'll be at work :S Worth a shot though

That #1 ended at $107+. Prices are going up. :whee:

for me that is not a good thing :pullhair:

just placed abid on a 9.8 on ebay its at $35 right now. .. I most likely won't win since I'll be at work :S Worth a shot though

You should have bought my #1 when it was "cheap"

I just won a lot of Locke & Key books on the Bay, and in the description it had the following:

All issues are 1st printings with issue #'s 2 & 3 of the first series being publishers (IDW) copies signified by official IDW seal.

Anyone know what a publisher's copy is? I have not been able to find anything about it online anywhere...made up fairytale maybe? hm

Nope, not sure at all.... link to auction page with pics of the comics? Jerel??

You should have bought my #1 when it was "cheap"

Yup, prices are going up. :)

Pics?

I have an idea, but pics help.

You need to move a little faster ;)

Pics?

I have an idea, but pics help.

Not sure pics will help, but here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=320631710389&si=ieDhmIge64pV4%252Fxv%252FOB2LZoQeOE%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

It's only issues #2 and #3 from the first series, and they look just like the normal books to me. Maybe the seller bought them from the IDW web site and they came in some fancy bag & board (shrug)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was some original fancy pantsy packaging from ordering from the site.

The only unknown variants I know of is the original volume's #4 thinner and slightly different SDCC Slipcase Edition, A creaseless #1 DF variant(Cheryl :baiting: ), the Head Games printing error #4 SDCC slipcase variant and the blue tinted Crown of Shadows regular reprinting to fill orders of the original lost shipment.

I heard there was a DF foil variant of Head Games #1, but it never surfaced. I lie awake at night on my bed watching my fan like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now, waiting for one to appear. lol

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was some original fancy pantsy packaging from ordering from the site.

The only unknown variants I know of is the original volume's #4 thinner and slightly different SDCC Slipcase Edition, A creaseless #1 DF variant(Cheryl :baiting: ), the Head Games printing error #4 SDCC slipcase variant and the blue tinted Crown of Shadows regular reprinting to fill orders of the original lost shipment.

I heard there was a DF foil variant of Head Games #1, but it never surfaced. I lie awake at night on my bed watching my fan like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now, waiting for one to appear. lol

lol Glad it arrived safely

lol Glad it arrived safely

As I live and breathe, I never thought, I would ever see a creaseless DF #1. It has always annoyed me. Thank you so much. :cloud9:

For everyone going (shrug) . Most(if not all) DF #1's has a printing error of a subscription-like crease going the middle. Cheryl found a couple that didn't do this.

Great job Cheryl! :applause: