• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Swoon worthy. My LCS didn't get any of the RI covers. I've been watching them on the bay but afraid to pull the trigger. People don't ship things as nice as you guys do.
:gossip: The Keys To The Kingdom #4 Variant is a rare book to get.
I like rare.... what makes it rare ?.. I see the black & white one on ebay for about $5 ....
You "saw" one actually, Mike. :makepoint:

This is the in-between period of these books, where no ones cares... but will. Mark my words. :preach:

Find one on eBay now. :popcorn:

I really didn't want to get into the variant area of L&K..but the king has spoken (worship)

Any one got a nice copy for sale--shoot me a PM (thumbs u

My CGC rejects are pretty nice. hm

What grade are they ?.. 9.8 ? :D

Swoon worthy. My LCS didn't get any of the RI covers. I've been watching them on the bay but afraid to pull the trigger. People don't ship things as nice as you guys do.
:gossip: The Keys To The Kingdom #4 Variant is a rare book to get.
I like rare.... what makes it rare ?.. I see the black & white one on ebay for about $5 ....
You "saw" one actually, Mike. :makepoint:

This is the in-between period of these books, where no ones cares... but will. Mark my words. :preach:

Find one on eBay now. :popcorn:

I really didn't want to get into the variant area of L&K..but the king has spoken (worship)

My CGC rejects are pretty nice. hm

What grade are they ?.. 9.8 ? :D

:sorry:

CGC grades IDW's on a curve lately. I'll refer you to my friend Cheryl on this too.

Trouble is IDW is mostly about the variants. But, with L&K they had some pretty great variants. But, save your money too. I'll start up a nice Easter egg hunt for the Locke & Key collectors in a week or so, with the release of my classified collecting files on this title( :gossip: dating back to 2008), Salem wasn't even allowed in. It will send you all scattering, but in a good way(to your LCS).

Trouble is IDW is mostly about the variants. But, with L&K they had some pretty great variants. But, save your money too. I'll start up a nice Easter egg hunt for the Locke & Key collectors in a week or so, with the release of my classified collecting files on this title( :gossip: dating back to 2008), Salem wasn't even allowed in. It will send you all scattering, but in a good way(to your LCS).

That is going to be fun. (thumbs u

hrmm.... Ishould tell you now no books near me own any L&K lol

well I know the hard cover is out already the trade should be as well...

huh that is surprisng ...

http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Crown-Shadows-TP/dp/1600109535/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1297318200&sr=8-6

amazon says june 21st anways... Perhaps a reason to switch to hard cover format hmm ?:)

http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Shadows-Joe-Hill/dp/1600106951/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297318200&sr=8-1

only a couple bucks more ...

Damn! You guys get great preorder prices!

http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Keys-Kingdom-HC/dp/1600108865/ref=pd_sim_b_3

Price: $13.41

ours is CDN$ 16.62

what a rip!

Edited by synch

I have the first 2 in soft cover, i see the 3rd in hardcover in my bookstore.. If I get the hardcover for the third I will need to get hard covers for the 1st and 2nd...Yes I have a disorder..

:applause: Well then all you can do is wait! really though ... how many arcs are left ?... simply shelling out & switching to hc may be your best bet since they seem to be pimping out the HC first for some silly reason... I don't know why they don't just release at the same time ... (shrug) Edited by synch

I just finished the 3rd hardcover, this series is awesome. I didn't find this one as good as the first two but it was still good. I couldn't stop reading the first two books, I just started and read them cover to cover, the third didn't have the same feel. I am really looking forward to the fourth book.

Do anyone have a CGC slab of #1 "Welcome To Lovecraft" available? I am not looking for the series just a #1 to display in my tv room.

Edited by kidcolt

I saw that one but I thought it was a priced to high, is it?

Is the "Welcome To Lovecraft" #1 the first app or first storyline for Locke & Key? There isn't any notes on the cgc slabs mention first app or anything.

This is exciting news, but I would feel bad buying books before Salem gets a crack. (Although judging by the company he(?) keeps, maybe he's holding out for the proverbial CGC 11.

I saw that one but I thought it was a priced to high, is it?

Is the "Welcome To Lovecraft" #1 the first app or first storyline for Locke & Key? There isn't any notes on the cgc slabs mention first app or anything.

Yes, it is priced outrageously high, that's why I also have the "Make An Offer" option. lol