• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

I saw that one but I thought it was a priced to high, is it?

Is the "Welcome To Lovecraft" #1 the first app or first storyline for Locke & Key? There isn't any notes on the cgc slabs mention first app or anything.

Yes, it is priced outrageously high, that's why I also have the "Make An Offer" option. lol

You = Awesome

I'd make an offer but I know you wouldn't take it ... lol I have no doubt I will either get a 9.8 raw at some point or a 9.8 cgc for a price I want :D Its all a waiting game to me really :D

Edited by synch

I'd make an offer but I know you wouldn't take it ... lol I have no doubt I will either get a 9.8 raw at some point or a 9.8 cgc for a price I want :D Its all a waiting game to me really :D

My suggestion to you ... buy some. Some of these eBay sellers are right on when they say 9.8. Sometimes you gotta take a chance. :) If they aren't 9.8s, you can still resell them on eBay (or here) easily.

I'm eying a auction that ends in about 5 hours or so hoping to win this one lol I already have one that I'm sure is either a 9.6 o 9.8 ... I am going to save any i get for a SS event & get them signed & graded lol

Edited by synch

I saw that one but I thought it was a priced to high, is it?

Is the "Welcome To Lovecraft" #1 the first app or first storyline for Locke & Key? There isn't any notes on the cgc slabs mention first app or anything.

Yes, it is priced outrageously high, that's why I also have the "Make An Offer" option. lol

You = Awesome

;):hi::whee: Thank you!!!!!

I'm eying a auction that ends in about 5 hours or so hoping to win this one lol I already have one that I'm sure is either a 9.6 o 9.8 ... I am going to save any i get for a SS event & get them signed & graded lol

I wouldn't wait until the Fall to get a graded one... best to buy raws now and try your luck in grading them. :)

Yes, these keys are definitely fabulous representations of Locke & Key. What a creative idea! I cannot wait to have a complete collection!!
The Skeleton Crew really knows it's stuff when it comes to this title. The lightweight structure of of the Anywhere Key was exactly how I imagined it when it popped out of Kinsey's bracelet. The Legacy Key was kick-azz too. Isreal even sent me a replacement bag for one that ripped. I really love these guys and also look foward to a complete set of keys down the road.

OK.

Now, I don't consider previews, first appearances(like CGC). To me they are just advertisements. I hate seeing them in Registry Sets too. Would you say the original ads in Fallen Angel #22 or Cory Doctorow's Futuristic Tales of the Here and now: Craphound showing the Ghost Key and Keyhouse, their first appearances? Probably not. But, I have been hearing for the longest time how Doctor Who #1 was Locke & Key's first appearance. Considering it came out a week after Locke & Key #1, I wouldn't call it a preview or first appearance, myself. I also have been seeing on eBay, Speed Racer: Chronicles of the Racer #1 being billed as the 1st appearance too. But, that was the eleventh book(with too many variants) to have the preview in it, despite coming out(Feb.6th) before the February 20th release date of L&K #1. I have spent many months on the floors of regional LCS's researching what in fact was the true first preview. A preview that came out so fast, it had a spelling error in it(counselor). lol

The true first preview...

013.jpg

Corrected rather quickly...

014.jpg

So, I ask(Cheryl and Annaka excluded), what was the truly first "special" Locke & Key preview?

OK.

Now, I don't consider previews, first appearances(like CGC). To me they are just advertisements. I hate seeing them in Registry Sets too. Would you say the original ads in Fallen Angel #22 or Cory Doctorow's Futuristic Tales of the Here and now: Craphound showing the Ghost Key and Keyhouse, their first appearances? Probably not. But, I have been hearing for the longest time how Doctor Who #1 was Locke & Key's first appearance. Considering it came out a week after Locke & Key #1, I wouldn't call it a preview or first appearance, myself. I also have been seeing on eBay, Speed Racer: Chronicles of the Racer #1 being billed as the 1st appearance too. But, that was the eleventh book(with too many variants) to have the preview in it, despite coming out(Feb.6th) before the February 20th release date of L&K #1. I have spent many months on the floors of regional LCS's researching what in fact was the true first preview. A preview that came out so fast, it had a spelling error in it(counselor). lol

013.jpg

014.jpg

So, I ask(Cheryl and Annaka excluded), what was the truly first "special" Locke & Key preview?

:cry::devil:

OK.

013.jpg

014.jpg

Nope I am with you an ad is an ad the actual comic it self is a first app .... There is this insufficiently_thoughtful_person on ebay who lists a heman book at a insane price because he lists it as a first app of invincible because it has a preview of it in it ... now no one is going to want it for that & no one is going to pay his stupid price but the guy keeps on listing it anyways ....

Yeah, I like my first appearances within the content of a story myself. With 'Vinci, I will always consider Noble Causes #3, a first appearance(because BAM! He pops up in the middle of a story) and not that Savage Dragon or Masters of the Universe stuff. That preview stuff don't belong in Registry sets, IMHO. I don't want to see a Transformers or Spike book in my Registry set, that I have to grade for the sake of having a complete set because of advertisements. Granted, I have the first two L&K preview books ready to be graded when I get better, but that's because I was getting bored and like my other Joe Hill books, they will just go into the shortbox and the excess ones to my friends. In no way, am I gonna submit all 24 L&K books(including variants). There was 36 total preview books that went well into L&K #2's release date. I wouldn't even request the IDW: First 10 Years book, because it's outside the continuity.

Yeah, I like my first appearances within the content of a story myself. With 'Vinci, I will always consider Noble Causes #3, a first appearance(because BAM! He pops up in the middle of a story) and not that Savage Dragon or Masters of the Universe stuff. That preview stuff don't belong in Registry sets, IMHO. I don't want to see a Transformers or Spike book in my Registry set, that I have to grade for the sake of having a complete set because of advertisements. Granted, I have the first two L&K preview books ready to be graded when I get better, but that's because I was getting bored and like my other Joe Hill books, they will just go into the shortbox and the excess ones to my friends. In no way, am I gonna submit all 24 L&K books(including variants). There was 36 total preview books that went well into L&K #2's release date. I wouldn't even request the IDW: First 10 Years book, because it's outside the continuity.

:golfclap::headbang: good for you! Don't sink down that path save your $$ for future locke & key goodies! Like more key props or comics & who knows what the tv show will bring .... press release kits & things like that ... if you are so rich & bored with your $ & simply need to scratch that itch buying something locke & key you can always buy me a #1 (shrug):roflmao::jokealert:

Edited by synch

Yeah just look at how much that TWD one with the gun goes for .... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

also Re mine

963919.jpg

I would have picked this one up at some point anyways the book was fantastic as was the cover :D

Edited by synch