• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

The Anywhere keys are fabulous Israel... and I certainly like this one the best so far. Jerel and I had talked about the Giant Key before - how awesome it would be to actually have one, so you know our votes will be YES on that one! :)
The Giant Key would be a fascinating one for sure. Of course, it would have to smaller in scale. hm

Swoon worthy. My LCS didn't get any of the RI covers. I've been watching them on the bay but afraid to pull the trigger. People don't ship things as nice as you guys do.
:gossip: The Keys To The Kingdom #4 Variant is a rare book to get.
I like rare.... what makes it rare ?.. I see the black & white one on ebay for about $5 ....
You "saw" one actually, Mike. :makepoint:

This is the in-between period of these books, where no ones cares... but will. Mark my words. :preach:

Find one on eBay now. :popcorn:

Swoon worthy. My LCS didn't get any of the RI covers. I've been watching them on the bay but afraid to pull the trigger. People don't ship things as nice as you guys do.
I like rare.... what makes it rare ?.. I see the black & white one on ebay for about $5 ....

This is the in-between period of these books, where no ones cares... but will. Mark my words. :preach:

pm

:idea:

The Anywhere keys are fabulous Israel... and I certainly like this one the best so far. Jerel and I had talked about the Giant Key before - how awesome it would be to actually have one, so you know our votes will be YES on that one! :)
The Giant Key would be a fascinating one for sure. Of course, it would have to smaller in scale. hm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Locke-Key-5-PGX-10-0-Perfect-White-Pages-/320653791668?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa87491b4

omg its a 10 & at a steal of a price you have to go for it!!

:jokealert:

I really didn't want to get into the variant area of L&K..but the king has spoken (worship)

Any one got a nice copy for sale--shoot me a PM (thumbs u

Are there 2 variants to issue #4? I have a 1/10 variant and now I see a black and white one that I must have. I blame Jerel for my locke & key obsession. Until I saw all those gorgeous slabs of his I had never heard of the series. I only got back into comic books last year so please don't be too mad with me everyone. I must say thank you though I am loving all the Joe Hill stuff I have bought and read.

Edited by gcwatson94

Are there 2 variants to issue #4? I have a 1/10 variant and now I see a black and white one that I must have. I blame Jerel for my locke & key obsession. Until I saw all those gorgeous slabs of his I had never heard of the series. I only got back into comic books last year so please don't be too mad with me everyone. I must say thank you though I am loving all the Joe Hill stuff I have bought and read.

I don't think there is a black and white variant for #4 - I believe what these eBay sellers are doing is taking the prototype of the cover before it was available in color and using it for their eBay stock photo. BUT I will defer to Jerel - is that correct Jerel?????

they must have sent these things to cgc right off the press lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Locke-Key-Head-Games-4-Variant-CGC-10-GEM-MINT-/260734760146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb500b4d2

Its the most common 10 I've ever seen ....

Yup, these are the IDW people focused on weeding through the very best, hence the Signed Edition Head Games in SS CGC 10's. But, I think this will be the last CGC 10 #4 Head Games variant(I don't have GPA, so I can't check). I have two now anyway. The regular variant and "unofficial" printing error SDCC variant one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Locke-Key-5-PGX-10-0-Perfect-White-Pages-/320653791668?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa87491b4

omg its a 10 & at a steal of a price you have to go for it!!

:jokealert:

I had some PGX Platinum 10's of the Locke & Key books once.

Needless to say my CGC 9.8's looked better in the holders. lol

I really didn't want to get into the variant area of L&K..but the king has spoken (worship)

Any one got a nice copy for sale--shoot me a PM (thumbs u

My CGC rejects are pretty nice. hm

Thank you. I'm glad you are liking the Registry Set of mine so far. I'll try to have more pictures up real soon and the Registry descriptions are getting tweaked here, to be less Wiki and more from the heart.