• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Honestly I'd just skip that & buy the hard covers :) then focus your time on the singles. So how is the bidding going ?

Well, so far so good. I'm a lot higher than i wanted to be and have hit a mark where i prolly won't go any further ... but, you only live once - right? :preach:

So are you the guy that outbid me earlier today? I will push this book up more since I missed out on a 9.8 graded back in nov/dec.

It could have been a "gal" ya know....

:grin:

Totally worth the price if it ends up being a 9.8. I've won a few IDW auctions and the condition is hit or miss. Could be anywhere from a 9.2 to a 9.8/9.9.
:cloud9:

Yeah, there is only ONE 9.9 of this variant and we all know who has it. (worship)

Agreed it could be a girl just as easily. I just figure it was Matt since he said he is already higher than he wanted to be bidding wise. I have no doubt whoever wins it either posts or reads this thread frequently.

Agreed it could be a girl just as easily. I just figure it was Matt since he said he is already higher than he wanted to be bidding wise. I have no doubt whoever wins it either posts or reads this thread frequently.

(in my best southern belle draw)

Y'all want me to say something that will stop the bidding on this L&K variant immediately???

No - No no Cheryllynn sue bob! Don't say it ... I do have a confession ... I am the high bidder right now. .. .and yes, i've been reading this thread ..for ...sometime now (*agent smith voice*)

No - No no Cheryllynn sue bob! Don't say it ... I do have a confession ... I am the high bidder right now. .. .and yes, i've been reading this thread ..for ...sometime now (*agent smith voice*)

Okay Matt. :) I'll wait until the auction is over.

My six-book first arc set just sold on eBay and it was out there less than 24 hours. Wow.
I was shocked they didn't sell here, actually. :o

I'm not. I feel blacklisted when I try to sell on these boards. The only books of mine that get sold are the ones I give away for postage. lol The little cliques here don't like me.

Okay Matt. :) I'll wait until the auction is over.

:cloud9:

Y'all want me to say something that will stop the bidding on this L&K variant immediately???

Well, in my best New Hampshire accent...

"I cahn't bid. I haf to make a cahr payment 'dis week, afta, I submitt'd a Creepshow in fast track and bought a 9.9 Locke & Key. :(

My six-book first arc set just sold on eBay and it was out there less than 24 hours. Wow.
I was shocked they didn't sell here, actually. :o

I'm not. I feel blacklisted when I try to sell on these boards. The only books of mine that get sold are the ones I give away for postage. lol The little cliques here don't like me.

I was glad my Supergirls didn't sell. I was in Nashua, thinking "What have I done!". I drove really fast home over the frost heaves to pull those down. I love those books.

"I cahn't bid. I haf to make a cahr payment 'dis week, afta, I submitt'd a Creepshow in fast track and bought a 9.9 Locke & Key. :(

Spilll it Speck! What 9.9?????

Oh... and welcome Matt. :)

I was a long-time lurker myself(5 years). Hope you are enjoying the L&K thread.

[in my best southern little girl voice] And I helped!

Better a lurker than a creeper...

...and some major league kudos to you for helping me on these boards. :grin:

Don't hurt me. :fear:

lol It was the regular version of Keys To The Kingdom #4. The variant to that issue is proving very difficult for me to get in 9.8 or above. The #5 book is gonna be a special book for me too, so I would like to get that in high grade.

Don't hurt me. :fear:

lol It was the regular version of Keys To The Kingdom #4. The variant to that issue is proving very difficult for me to get in 9.8 or above. The #5 book is gonna be a special book for me too, so I would like to get that in high grade.

I wouldn't hurt YOU!! :insane:lol