• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Voted and commented. Since I'm selling my Locke & Key set after the TV series didn't get picked up, I voted for the Kiefer Sutherland drama. :ohnoez:

I will give you a nice shiny nickel for all of it ! Its a good deal bro you should take it I will even pay for the shipping & you will get that off your hands!

Voted and commented. Since I'm selling my Locke & Key set after the TV series didn't get picked up, I voted for the Kiefer Sutherland drama. :ohnoez:

I will give you a nice shiny nickel for all of it ! Its a good deal bro you should take it I will even pay for the shipping & you will get that off your hands!

Sorry... the Queen gets first dibs.

Well, 150 miles and $35 in gas money later...

I went to the Jetpack Comics Free Comic Book Day event in Rochester, NH.

DSC03907Large.jpg

...and picked up some great little floppies.

DSC03909Large.jpg

Joe Hill was at one of the locations, so I decided to get some signatures from him.

DSC03900Large.jpg

I always wanted to even out this poster EvilAsh gave to me with Joe's name next to Gabriel's.

DSC03913Large.jpg

I was about to have him sign all the key tags I had that didn't come with his signature originally, when a family just jumped in front of me and started to have him sign FCBD floppies. His co-writer buddy there Jason Ciaramella looked as stunned as I felt. He started to sketch a Skrull Electra on a little girl's Secret Invasion #1. It looked pretty great after he was done.

DSC039011Large.jpg

Then it became my turn again. But, I was so rattled, I sounded like a gibbering fool.

DSC039051Large.jpg

DSC039061Large.jpg

Jason really enjoyed the keys. I felt bad because I was so distracted, I almost totally ignored him.

But, Joe got them all done. Perfectly.

DSC039101Large.jpg

Signed some Subtterrean Press Hardcovers.

DSC03912Large.jpg

DSC03911Large.jpg

...and I wanted to do something no one could replicate. I had him sign my Registry Awards, to make them look more official. I think I got the idea from oneasian.

2009RegistryAwardLarge.jpg

2010RegistryAwardLarge.jpg

There was a Crow there and a Baroness from GI Joe(no pics of her though, as I thought she was gonna slap me around and call me Suzy if I did). Joe knew right off his 1st comic appearance was Creepshow #1 too(which makes me want to keep mine all the more now). Saw the lovely Sara Richard and gave a hometown shout out. I got to meet CGC boardies Ralph(Jetpack Comics) and Andrew(GACollectibles) too. Andrew was a super cool guy to talk with me for a bit about a Joe Hill book for being really so busy there.

All in all, it was fun adventure. :)

DSC03907Large.jpg

DSC03909Large.jpg

Joe Hill was at one of the locations, so I decided to get some signatures from him.

DSC03900Large.jpg

I always wanted to even out this poster EvilAsh gave to me with Joe's name next to Gabriel's.

DSC03913Large.jpg

I was about to have him sign all the key tags I had that didn't come with his signature originally, when a family just jumped in front of me and started to have him sign FCBD floppies. His co-writer buddy there Jason Ciaramella looked as stunned as I felt. He started to sketch a Skrull Electra on a little girl's Secret Invasion #1. It looked pretty great after he was done.

DSC039011Large.jpg

Then it became my turn again. But, I was so rattled, I sounded like a gibbering fool.

DSC039051Large.jpg

DSC039061Large.jpg

Jason really enjoyed the keys. I felt bad because I was so distracted, I almost totally ignored him.

DSC039101Large.jpg

DSC03912Large.jpg

DSC03911Large.jpg

...and I wanted to do something no one could replicate. I had him sign my Registry Awards, to make them look more official. I think I got the idea from oneasian.

There was a Crow there and a Baroness from GI Joe(no pics of her though, as I thought she was gonna slap me around and call me Suzy if I did). Joe knew right off his 1st comic appearance was Creepshow #1 too(which makes me want to keep mine all the more now). Saw the lovely Sara Richard and gave a hometown shout out. I got to meet CGC boardies Ralph(Jetpack Comics) and Andrew(GACollectibles) too. Andrew was a super cool guy to talk with me for a bit about a Joe Hill book for being really so busy there.

Sweet! I had no idea actual certificates were issued for the Registry Awards. I always assumed it was strictly virtual.

Looks like a great event. Congrats!

Sweet! I had no idea actual certificates were issued for the Registry Awards. I always assumed it was strictly virtual.

Looks like a great event. Congrats!

Looks like you'll be getting one for your UA set (thumbs u

Vote for which Fox pilot gets picked up for series (Locke & Key currently leading):

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/fox/fox-20112012-pilot-season-dramas-hope-cut/50683

Will it do any good?

:wishluck:

The poll keeps track of your vote, so we can't vote 1000 times to skew the voting (ahem)

Still in the lead, 136 votes at 51.91% of the total, about double that of J.J. Abrams' "Alcatraz." (Shouldn't he be concentrating on Fringe?)

Fox is one big happy family. The producers of Locke & Key produce Fringe too. Too me it would be awesome for them to reshape the network. But...

lol The Jesse McCartney fans demand the series get produced.

DSC03907Large.jpg

DSC03909Large.jpg

DSC03900Large.jpg

DSC03913Large.jpg

DSC039011Large.jpg

DSC039051Large.jpg

DSC039061Large.jpg

DSC039101Large.jpg

DSC03912Large.jpg

DSC03911Large.jpg

OMG! OMG! OMG!! Great stuff Jerel! Doesn't look too crowded either! Did show Joe question you at all about the #1 registry award certificates?

Edited by cheryllynn

OMG! OMG! OMG!! Great stuff Jerel! Doesn't look too crowded either! Did show question you at all about the #1 registry award certificates?
No, he quickly scanned them, but I don't think it "registered".

Yeah, I changed my mind on going way way last minute after we talked. I got there, somewhat late.

OMG That is so Very cool. That Locke and Key poster is the best. I love the idea of Joe Hill signing Registry Awards.
The actual awards have always bothered me with their plain-ness. After seeing what Ralph did to his with the creator's signatures on his plaque though, I wanted to have a better reason to frame one.