• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

At least for now, the IDW Limited variants of Alpha 1 & 2 can only be obtained by purchasing a copy of their limited edition Head Games (red, blue, or black label), assuming the offer (which was announced via Twitter and had an end date of 1/31) still stands.

Anyone reading this? I read the first arc and liked it. So far the second arc is pretty good too. Discuss...

Just picked up the TPB from the library. Had I known it was Joe Hill writing it, I'd have been in from the start. I can't wait to read it, but I have a little Swamp Thing to get through first.

;)

-slym

Anyone reading this? I read the first arc and liked it. So far the second arc is pretty good too. Discuss...

Just picked up the TPB from the library. Had I known it was Joe Hill writing it, I'd have been in from the start. I can't wait to read it, but I have a little Swamp Thing to get through first.

;)

-slym

Read this first :gossip:

He's like Neil Gaiman...an author that can transcend multiple mediums.

Bryan,

Tweet from Gabe the day these covers went up for sale on his Chilean art dealer is the source of that comment.

It was easy for me to isolate the tweet since I remembered the wording, so here's the link to the specific one. He tweets a ton so its a lot to wade through:

GR_Comics on twitter March 10th

Still has a couple covers available for sale.

Bob

Wanted to share the shadow box display of the keys I've made.

A third one has started with the keys that did not fit in the first two shadow boxes.

I also hope to put together the complete collection of all the issues and variants that exist.

I used the checklist posted earlier in this thread and I am about 85% complete.

Untitled_zps5bb6551e.jpg

""Hard to believe but it has been several years since Fox tried to adapt the comic book Locke & Key into a television series. A pilot was shot but it never aired. Now, the Hollywood Reporter reports, Universal has hired a new screenwriter for the film project.""

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/universals-locke-key-adaptation-finds-717882?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

:wishluck:

""Hard to believe but it has been several years since Fox tried to adapt the comic book Locke & Key into a television series. A pilot was shot but it never aired. Now, the Hollywood Reporter reports, Universal has hired a new screenwriter for the film project.""

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/universals-locke-key-adaptation-finds-717882?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

As with most things in Hollywood... seems like a really odd choice. Can't figure how they would arrive at him based upon the one other thing he did.

As with most things in Hollywood... seems like a really odd choice. Can't figure how they would arrive at him based upon the one other thing he did.

The best part of that press release was that Ted Adams (CEO of IDW) is one of the producers. IDW just signed Gabe Rodriguez to an exclusive artist contract, so they are already lining up behind the artist. That Adams is also ushering along this project gives me a lot more faith it might get done than just random interested parties.