• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Pretty much every issue is magical and mind-blowing.

Read it from the beginning and be prepared to be wowed. It's hands down the best modern book on the shelves. Also the hardcovers are awesome.

This is one of the better moderns to come out within the last few years. The first arc is the best arc IMO. I loved the character development, writing and the art is rad.

Looks like IDW and retailers are trying to make the most of the end of Locke & Key. New variants galore shown here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/05/cover-variance-all-the-retailer-covers-for-locke-key-alpha-1/. Variant-itis is one reason I stopped collecting The Walking Dead.

You've got to be kidding me!!! Can't believe that there'll be so many variants of Alpha #1. It'll cost a fortune to obtain one of each. I think it's odd that these covers only show up just a couple of days before the release date, there hasn't been mention of any retailer exclusives in the IDW comic solicitations contrary to Alpha #2

So, anyone here on the board that's going to try to get each of the 20 different Alpha #1 retailer variants?

I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium for them as a set.

Same here. Already asked Chris Ryall from IDW if there'll be a boxset. I really don't want to contact 17 different comic shops and try to get a copy of each, but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes....Just wanted to know if I'm the only 'nut' here. I've got each & every edition/variant of the Locke & Key comics so can't stop now the end is near.

So, anyone here on the board that's going to try to get each of the 20 different Alpha #1 retailer variants?

Same here. Already asked Chris Ryall from IDW if there'll be a boxset. I really don't want to contact 17 different comic shops and try to get a copy of each, but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes....Just wanted to know if I'm the only 'nut' here. I've got each & every edition/variant of the Locke & Key comics so can't stop now the end is near.

I am missing a couple of the signed variants but otherwise have one or more of each variant as well. I just picked up the Omega 5 variant at a LCS yesterday.

I am missing a couple of the signed variants but otherwise have one or more of each variant as well. I just picked up the Omega 5 variant at a LCS yesterday.

The publisher (Chris Ryall) informed me that there will be no boxset :( so I guess I need to contact each of the 17 shops and try to get their particular variant. Anyone care to join me in this quest? I don't mind all the work involved & it makes no difference if it's for one or more copies....however, in order to keep shippingcosts to a minimum I need a US shipping address.

Treasury Edition from Crown of Shadows came out on Wednesday, in its huge format, which considering there are so many full page splashes with the Giant Tyler and the shadow monster, its the greatest way to enjoy the art. Here's the cover with the OA.

IMG_3603_zps28854a4e.jpg

I don't follow modern comics, but I do buy Treasuries occasionally. I bought this....

nn_Lock_and_Key_COS_Treasury_Edition_zpsd557e190.png

DG