• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

That's very cool. It's probably my favourite of the Alpha #2 covers, since it's the one that seems most closely related to actual events!

Question: do people think that Alpha is basically finishing like Preacher, in that the penultimate issue

essentially is where all the action and resolution is, and then the final issue is a very slow-paced tie up? Or are we in for more surprises...?

Yes, I'm actually spoiler tagging this for those who haven't read Preacher yet!

Alpha #1 was pretty solid. Real curious what will happen with #2.

I would have loved to hear what people thought the "last" key would be (before they revealed it). I thought he'd make sunlight so he could get past all the shadow creates. WRONG

Pat

I would have loved to hear what people thought the "last" key would be (before they revealed it). I thought he'd make sunlight so he could get past all the shadow creates. WRONG

Pat

I would have nailed it. I thought it was obvious for a long time Tyler's fishing lore would be made into a key, and it just made sense it would be similar to the head key and work on people because Tyler isn't a locksmith to make a physical lock.

Having it remove the "demon monster" was my theory for awhile now; however, I didn't expect the person to die from the process.

I still think Bode has a chance to get back in his body too. Since they didn't use Tylers new key on Dodge/Bode there is no metal in his body. Maybe ghost Bode will tell Rufus to throw his body through the ghost key door in the final issue??

Pat

I would have nailed it. I thought it was obvious for a long time Tyler's fishing lore would be made into a key, and it just made sense it would be similar to the head key and work on people because Tyler isn't a locksmith to make a physical lock.

Having it remove the "demon monster" was my theory for awhile now; however, I didn't expect the person to die from the process.

I still think Bode has a chance to get back in his body too. Since they didn't use Tylers new key on Dodge/Bode there is no metal in his body. Maybe ghost Bode will tell Rufus to throw his body through the ghost key door in the final issue??

Are you sure we've seen the last key?

There's a lot of leftover whispering iron now. And maybe Sam Lesser winds up in Bode's body. He'd have the loving family he always wanted!

Pat

Are you sure we've seen the last key?

There's a lot of leftover whispering iron now. And maybe Sam Lesser winds up in Bode's body. He'd have the loving family he always wanted!

There could be more keys... But Sam is gone. He's no longer a ghost at Keyhouse. Remember, Dodge tricked him into going into Zack's body, and then Kinsey beat him to death. Dodge switched to Bode's body, Sam switched to Zacks, and Bode was left a ghost.

Hey all, now that Locke and Key is starting to end, I wanted to finish up my collection but have been unable to find a good checklist.

Does anyone have a good full checklist? Google shows one here from user NewEnglandGothic but it stops at the beginning to Keys to the Kingdom

Thanks!

Hey all, now that Locke and Key is starting to end, I wanted to finish up my collection but have been unable to find a good checklist.

Does anyone have a good full checklist? Google shows one here from user NewEnglandGothic but it stops at the beginning to Keys to the Kingdom

Thanks!

Here's my Locke & Key checklist. Let me know if you have any additions or corrections.

Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft

1 1st 2/08

1 Signed 2/08

1 2nd 4/08

1 Dark Forces Variant 7/08

1 Dark Forces Negative 7/08

2 1st 3/08

2 2nd 4/08

3 1st 4/08

3 2nd 4/08

4 1st 5/08

5 1st 6/08