• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

I know there are 3 hard covers out I can't say what there is for trades ?! hardcovers you can get for cheap from amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=locke+%26+key&x=0&y=0

Trades are up as well...

Interesting though ... What is this special edition HC listed ?..

http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Welcome-Lovecraft-Special/dp/160010679X/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283459880&sr=8-7

Got in email

Just a quick update from Skelton Crew Studio on Head Key pre-orders, "Locke & Key" TV news and the studio's appearance tonight on G4's "Fresh Ink" with Blair Butler.

Now, back to the bench to create more keys...

Also I read the HC & didn't notice a thing... heck if not for you're post I'd never even have known :D Its not like some more blood affects the art or the story at all either (shrug) just my 2c
From the original -script to Welcome To Lovecraft #1 in that scene, Joe wrote:

"Panel Three

A Grubb stands on the other side of the open trapdoor into the basement, and he shoves Rendell Locke's body through the opening with one foot. Al is holding his bleeding right hand in his left, clutching it in pain, although there's a nasty grin on his face. How did Al's left hand get messed up? We'll find that out in another issue (clue: Bode has sharp teeth)."

I felt I would share to the other readers potential things that might be crucial plot points down the road, that Joe took out in the the trades and reprints. Obviously, Joe had in mind that the kids would find a "time travel key" and because Nina has no recollection of Bode during her ordeal, it is apparent Bode found the key to turn him into an animal too. It is all in the first print and second prints, take a look sometime. I have a feeling Joe is gonna have fun with the previous issues in the near future, like this as Joe and Gabriel has planned this out until the last pages. Every issue has some kind of clue of things to come. I can't wait myself. You just know the Locke kids are gonna do everything in their power to save their father, if they can. This title is full of surprises and I'm sure we already have seen somekind of final showdown already and haven't realized it yet. I almost wish I could have been the reader to read the entire series collected, because those guys are gonna have one helluva time reading it front to back. Just my 2c .

Ok, I'm in. I am completely enamoured with this book right now. I picked up the Welcome To Lovecraft TP at the B-More con last year for $5 bucks, read through it and enjoyed it. I just never seemed to get around to Head Games even though I picked the sketch cover of issue 2 out of a box due to sheer awesomeness. I was in Barnes and Noble last week and started flipping through the Head Games HC...was done with it before I realized i was sitting down. Read a friends copy of COS this week (my LCS didn't have it and I wasn't waiting for amazon) and then issue 1 of Keys To The Kingdom.

Now that my life story in relation to L&K has been told...I don't know how I want to go about collecting this book. I'm thinking of just getting the HC's from Amazon for now since it's basically buy two get one free. I don't really collect CGC's due to space and a lowly budget...not that I wouldn't love to. For now I'll just drool over the registry sets. So there...I'm not very vocal around here but this book has really got me hooked and I thought I'd get in on the fun.

Thanks for sharing and I am glad you liked the various arcs. :)

Starting to collect graded sets is hard for me. Every now and then, I ask myself on various sets, "Should I be spending big bucks(buying or submitting a few) on a #6 from the third arc of this title?", but because of L & K's unique storytelling, I never ask myself that question a lot and hopefully, I'll make it until the end(economy permitting).

will report my opinion (not that anyone cares) on it here.

Please do, considering the title myself after checking it out on comixology. Looks to be right up my alley.

It's a fantastic book. Jerel got me started on it (and kept me supplied in most cases), and I'm bloody glad he did. I'm only in for the HCs now but I really do enjoy reading them, and they look fantastic on my bookshelves.

Neat thing I just noticed about the hard cover collection is that the book mark ribbins match the colors of the book... 1 is red 2 is the yellowish/green &3 is blue :)

Very nice touch IMO!

It's a fantastic book. Jerel got me started on it (and kept me supplied in most cases), and I'm bloody glad he did. I'm only in for the HCs now but I really do enjoy reading them, and they look fantastic on my bookshelves.
hm

I notice you have that "low" grade 9.9 in your sig. Sup with that lol