• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

just preordered Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows from amazon hoping there is not going to be any delays on that one... due out on the 10th can't wait to read it !

What's all the excitement over hard covers about? Aren't the floppies better?
I think Joe's novelist writing style of writing chapter to chapter with each book just made people bored during the Head Games arc as a lot of people jumped off by #3 as a lot of questions where asked, but not immediately answered by the next issue. So hardcovers work a lot better with a series(that has been pre-planned out) like this to keep people going. Head Games's hardcover went into a second printing. I figure once the series wraps up(June 2012) and a huge omnibus comes out holding all 36 issues, a lot of people are going to be hooked again and will want to build runs(with 7K print runs there might not be enough to go around), especially with Spielberg/Dreamworks studio's movie hype following soon after(Joe's other books Heart Shaped Box and Horns are slated to come out to theaters around that time too). A series like this could be one of the most interesting Modern Age sleeping giants in comic history.

I agree with you, Jerel. For whatever reason, I have always been turned off by the "multiple mini-series" format, as opposed to running it as an ongoing series. So I tend to read L&K in trade form, and have since the 1st mini. But the stories are great, and I do think there will be folks who will want the original comics more as time goes on.

TP or HC is fine for me. I would rather read these all in one book rather then wait for the monthly comic. Once I start these I like to continue on and finish it in one sitting. It is one of those type of books that if you can continue on it makes more sense rather then 30 days later trying to remember details about the last issue.

TP or HC is fine for me. I would rather read these all in one book rather then wait for the monthly comic. Once I start these I like to continue on and finish it in one sitting. It is one of those type of books that if you can continue on it makes more sense rather then 30 days later trying to remember details about the last issue.

Yup I collect all my books in this style I also like the way they display on my shelf & I can just grab one & read it rather than pull out a long box & dig out 50- + books or what have you :roflmao:

So is this the final locke & key or are they making more after this chapter ?...

So is this the final locke & key or are they making more after this chapter ?...
Locke & Key readers are now in the middle part of the series. There are three arcs left or eighteen issues. :(

What's Locke & Key?

:insane:

have they ever made any more actual key props ?.. I know they did the one at comic con but I'd love to get my hands on some others :D Though hopefully not as pricey as the comic con was ... It was a good what ?.. $40 ? :D

have they ever made any more actual key props ?.. I know they did the one at comic con but I'd love to get my hands on some others :D Though hopefully not as pricey as the comic con was ... It was a good what ?.. $40 ? :D

I guess Israel Skelton designed "Head Key" and Anywhere Key" prototypes and made a "Ghost Door" for Joe Hill's home, but other than that nothing else has been released other than the "Ghost Key". I have seen a Locke & Key zippo pictured somewhere, but not for sale.

I wonder if any of those misprints will make it out into the wild.
I bet a few did.

DSC011941.jpg

:acclaim:

I can't tell what I'm supposed to be seeing as a misprint in that pic.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I just bagged and boarded them after I got a couple from one of the creators and have been waiting to see what the issue was before grading them. At the time during mid-June there was no regular editions released(so I think it had something to do with that issue) and not many variants. I originally thought it was because of miscuts(I sent TJ one) then I thought it was because the covers weren't embossed, despite being coated to be, but now I'm not so sure. Everything looks to be about the same inside with subject matter(nothing bad was taken out), Mr. Hill really pushed the emotional envelope with this issue. I'll follow up on this when I can.

I see it - I see it.

These variant covers are different because the fourth hanging hair above the left eye is bowed slightly to the right facing the viewer, while the regular cover is supposed to have the hair facing to the left.

How much??

:ohnoez: