• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOWCASE!!!!!!!!!!!

30 posts in this topic

I was just looking at some books that are coming up for sale in the May Heritage auction and came across Michael Goldman's consignment of Showcase. There are some incredible books here :o not the least of which is this book...

lf.jpg

Showcase 1-20, most with WHITE pages!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

I was just looking at some books that are coming up for sale in the May Heritage auction and came across Michael Goldman's consignment of Showcase. There are some incredible books here :o not the least of which is this book...

lf.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!

The mind reels. Just staggering. Has to go for $400K+, maybe half a mil. What does everyone else think?

Wow, Goldman finally put the Newsboy run up for sale! It will be interesting to see if he puts any reserves on them, since he always put such a high valuation on them.

lf.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!

The mind reels. Just staggering. Has to go for $400K+, maybe half a mil. What does everyone else think?

I think just a bit more than the 9.4 went for...but what do I know?

I'd have to agree.....awesome book but if Doug's FF isn't turning for a half mil, I doubt this will either.Personally, the rumpled overhang may drag it down a bit. Perfect spine, though. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Dang not bad.

Yup. One or two might be an upgrade for me. :kidaround:

lf.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of $200K

lf.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of $200K

:wishluck:

I remember when the Newsboy run got put up in the CGC gallery that I made the same comments to Adamstrange. I think the rarity of these books in these kinds of grades, plus their freshness, maybe caused CGC to uniformly give them a grade higher than their structural condition might otherwise warrant.

Having said that, I do believe the 9.6 #4 is clearly superior to the 9.4 copy that sold on CC.

no way it sells for anywhere near 400K. The only chance of that was a private sale to a very very enthusiastic buyer. TTH, whats the top you could ever see yourself paying for the 9.6? I ask you because you would be on the short list of those willing and able to go after a book like this - - if you really wanted to.

Wow, Goldman finally put the Newsboy run up for sale! It will be interesting to see if he puts any reserves on them, since he always put such a high valuation on them.

The description says NO reserves!!! :o That is simply nuts as far as I'm concerned given the current economic climate. You bet I put a reserve on my 9.2 copy that ComicConnect is auctioning off. :makepoint:

Of course, it doesn't matter to me if the book sells or not at this particular point in time. My mortgages will still be paid off each month. Others might not be in the same situation. But still.... :wishluck:

The description says NO reserves!!! :o That is simply nuts as far as I'm concerned given the current economic climate. You bet I put a reserve on my 9.2 copy that ComicConnect is auctioning off. :makepoint:

No reserve is the ONLY way to sell something in an auction. It took me a while to figure this out, but I believe that a significant majority of the time, they lead to higher prices than a reserve auction. Reserves put a lot of people off right away. No reserve means the book will definitely sell, so you better make your best run at it or it will definitely be gone.

Of course, it doesn't matter to me if the book sells or not at this particular point in time.

:signfunny:

It's "no reserve" now. Doesn't mean that they won't put in reserves later so unless Goldman has confirmed this...

jeeez. I just looked at the #6 and 8 and I cant believe the grades they got! Both have multiple pretty serious issues on the top edge. I dont usually complain about CGC grades, but I do not understand why these flaws didnt result in 8.0s amd maybe 8.5s

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7007&LotIdNo=35006&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7007&LotIdNo=35008&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true