• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOWCASE!!!!!!!!!!!

30 posts in this topic

I was just looking at some books that are coming up for sale in the May Heritage auction and came across Michael Goldman's consignment of Showcase. There are some incredible books here :o not the least of which is this book...

lf.jpg

Showcase 1-20, most with WHITE pages!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

The mind reels. Just staggering. Has to go for $400K+, maybe half a mil. What does everyone else think?

I think just a bit more than the 9.4 went for...but what do I know?

Yeah, I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of $200K

based on the $160k for the 9.4, i don't see why this shouldn't top $250k

I was just looking at some books that are coming up for sale in the May Heritage auction and came across Michael Goldman's consignment of Showcase. There are some incredible books here :o not the least of which is this book...

lf.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!

The mind reels. Just staggering. Has to go for $400K+, maybe half a mil. What does everyone else think?

I think this book should be worth $350K, but in a sea full of AF #15 and FF #1 rabid fans I can't see this book fetching more than $250K.

I love the book and would love to own it...by far the best SA DC out there for me...but it all comes down to the bidding pool.

R.

jeeez. I just looked at the #6 and 8 and I cant believe the grades they got! Both have multiple pretty serious issues on the top edge. I dont usually complain about CGC grades, but I do not understand why these flaws didnt result in 8.0s amd maybe 8.5s

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7007&LotIdNo=35006&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7007&LotIdNo=35008&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

Forget about the top edge do you mean the right edge of the cover of #8 ? What is all that ?

jeeez. I just looked at the #6 and 8 and I cant believe the grades they got! Both have multiple pretty serious issues on the top edge. I dont usually complain about CGC grades, but I do not understand why these flaws didnt result in 8.0s amd maybe 8.5s

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7007&LotIdNo=35006&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7007&LotIdNo=35008&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

Forget about the top edge do you mean the right edge of the cover of #8 ? What is all that ?

I could see the 6 hitting 9.0, but CGC should seriously be embarrassed about giving the 8 a 9.2. Not even close.

lf.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!

I will be surprised if it tops 200K, but hey, this stuff is better than stocks lol

It's "no reserve" now. Doesn't mean that they won't put in reserves later so unless Goldman has confirmed this...

the description page says there will be no reserves

I have to look at the picture and read the words!

That's too hard. :sorry:

That #8 IMHO is one of the most overgraded 9.2's that I have ever seen. That book should be at most an 8.0 or an 8.5 on a good day. It will be interesting to see what price it brings. :P