• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon NC...June 19-21....

1,791 posts in this topic

Friday was slower sales wise than what folks I talked to expected...sat is make or break for many, I would imagine

what booth are you?

Ill come by and spend some money

we are in 213, fun stuff meeting many boardies!

In my hotel room now. What a long day. Met Wally at the con and

chatted for a bit. Ran into arex in the elevator as well. Art auction

coming up in 2 hours so gonna go eat then go downstairs to it. I'll have a more

detailed post

After 2 days:

highlight of the day - seeing the greggy standee or greggy 9000 whatever they call it. However, I hate to be the one to state this, it was not a chick magnet :jokealert: Even little kids were not saying take my picture with it (all they wanted was the Star Wars people in their picture). I think a price tag on it, say $1,000.00 (big and bold) would draw a lot of interest - who is that? $1,000.00? take my picture with it! Will you take $500 for it?

Lots of nice bronze for $1 or $2. 20 cent-50 cent cover. Nice as VF/NM or better. Of course, lots of bronze beaters for $1.

There was some nice Silver too.

Rick captcomics has some decent silver priced right. He said if he can just get people to look in his boxes, it will sell.

Saw two All Star Western 10, one of the books I'm looking for. I might go back and buy one tomorrow.

Met a nice couple (dealers with a booth), can't remember their name, that were from california - that's a long way to come with a ton of comics.

All in all I thought it was better show than the last couple of years with a larger variety. You did not have a bunch of dealers with late 80s-early 90s overstock at $1 each. I guess when Chuck did not buy them out last year or the year before they decided not to bring that stuff back. Lots of costumes - besides the Star Wars people - and most looked pretty good. More costumes than I can remember at a Heroes Con.

Overall, it seemed everyone was pretty happy, most dealers seemed to have a lot of activity around their booths.

Only bad thing - the mechanical humming/drumming in the background and then the guy with the guitar would start hitting some strings. I don't know what he was dressed up as, I just wish he wouldn't play any notes around me.

I gotta say I went to Heroes on Friday and it was awesome. Got a sketch from the great Jeanty and he was an awesome dude. Also got a sketch from the great Charlotte local artists God City. Those guys are class acts and their art is really cool. I got some nice comics too probably from some of you guys but I'm fairly new here -- everyone was really cool.

This was pretty cool, before the Forum Dinner I met up with Dan (Buttock)

and Tyler (shooting the video - a good local dealer that is a friend of ours)

got together and I brought my AF 15 and he got a clip of his newly bought

Ultra sweet CGC Cap 1 and a very nice ASM raw...

(sorry for the bad video footage).

Cap 1, ASM 1, and AF 15 in one set!

^^

The show was very crowded today. Some of the aisles on my side of the room were tough to walk down most of the afternoon.

Seemed to be a lot of activity at the dealers tables.

Some of the highlights so far ....a nice Cap # 1 3.5 sold.

Saw a very sharp but restored Bats #1 go in a trade.

Timelys, as usual are selling very well.

Top books asked about .......GL #76, ASW #10, HOS #92, TOS #52 and #57, Cap #100, Avengers #1 and #4, HG Spideys......... hm

Walking Dead #1, Invincible #1, TMNTs.

Supposedly, though I didn't see him, somebody was walking around the room selling a small stack of TMNT #1s

What a joy! A pure comics convention, with miles of Golden Age, Silver Age and Bronze Age... met Wally, Guy, Rick, Steve, Dale, and Terry from Terry's Comics (very nice, don't think he is on the boards, but has some great books, priced right)...

Worked a trade for a Planet Comics #10 and an All-Star Western #10... the excess cash of which paid for some great Grimm Fairy Tales variants from the Jay Co. guys (also very nice to deal with)...

Overall, had a blast and the only downer was I had to leave early due to the GF feeling low... However, since it was she who pointed out the Jay Co. booth, and started the conversation, she is exonerated of any malfeasance...

Joshua

Reports? Pics?

:popcorn: Anyone buy anything???

Anyway I had to come back home to Durham, to spend Father's day with my kid.

Happy Father's Day to the lucky Fathers out there!!!

I had a great time out there with you guys, I enjoyed meeting everyone, and

I am glad you guys liked the restaurant choice.

I think this is my fourth straight Heroes since I had my surgery in '05

(it would of been 8 hadn't I needed that procedure) and it gets better every year.

Anyway, I had a blast and hated to leave but let me know what I missed.

_w

the nerf