• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon NC...June 19-21....

1,791 posts in this topic

If it's on Father's Day (as always)

That would be June 18th, 19th and 20th for the actual show dates.

Dealers would need to get Thursday the 17th reserved as well.

(thumbs u

We were set up right next to the Heroes booth at the front and I asked them about next year.......One of the guys said because of a conflict it would not be Father's Day next year and they were looking into times both before and after. He said everything should be resolved in the next couple weeks and info would be sent out.

What a weekend

Here is the local news Friday night report on the show

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?s=10565517

Hey Capt! Thanks for the kind words in the dealer preview earlier in this thread....it was great seeing/talking with you again this year!

We have been set up at Heroes every year since '92 and this was by far the best! (even with Earl sucking all the money out of the room....from me included!)

What a weekend

Here is the local news Friday night report on the show

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?s=10565517

Hey Capt! Thanks for the kind words in the dealer preview earlier in this thread....it was great seeing/talking with you again this year!

We have been set up at Heroes every year since '92 and this was by far the best! (even with Earl sucking all the money out of the room....from me included!)

Good seeing you again too Mark.....as always

Yes, Earl sucked a little out of my wallet too. lol

Thanks goodness I had already snagged a few keys back at the Hickory show in May or I'm sure they would have been long gone :whistle:

How was it for the dealers standpoint? Did everyone have a good show?

It was down for me. Did about 70% of what I usually do. Don't think the crowd was a factor with me, though it did seem to be down both Friday and Sunday. Saturday seemed packed. My inventory is not what it's been the last 4 or 5 years and it certainly doesn't help being right across from Earl when he has the best inventory he's had in 4 or 5 years.

I still had a blast :headbang:

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet more Boardies.

Blame it on my single minded desire to look through every last long box in the entire building.

I had my nose in the bottom of an LB for 20 hours total I reckon, with very little time to come up for air.

:sorry:

Blame it on my single minded desire to look through every last long box in the entire building.

I had my nose in the bottom of an LB for 20 hours total I reckon, with very little time to come up for air.

We forgive you........h*ll that's what we would all be doing if not stuck on the other side of the table lol

I wish you would have come to lunch on Friday.

I fly solo cause that's how I roll.

I'm cool like that.

I'm cool like that.

:hail:

I'm cool like that.

I feel bad, even though I know it was Stephen's fault. :sorry:

I think I learned enough from this show, to have a more successful show next year (thumbs u

Bringing an extra Cap #1 are ya :baiting:

:)

I think I learned enough from this show, to have a more successful show next year (thumbs u

Bringing an extra Cap #1 are ya :baiting:

:)

BA books :gossip::wishluck:

:) You sound like me I was there on Sunday did not meet any Boardies except the ones that were set up selling. Had my nose in Long boxes all day but I did Talk with almost all the Dealers that was Cool. I bought a Long box of cheap stuff and 5 Double Cover Comics and I got lots of pictures. By far the Best Comic Book Show I have ever been too. (thumbs u (thumbs u