• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon NC...June 19-21....

1,791 posts in this topic

Heroes 2009 is in the books until next year. I went all three days and had a great time. I only purchased one book, which I will scan and post later. The crowds were good all three days. Friday, as expected, was a little lite; Saturday was crowded, but not so that you couldn't get around, and today was busier that I expected. I met several board members and enjoyed talking with everyone. I went back today just to take some pictures to share with everyone. I must say that Sheldon Drum puts on a first class con. Hats off to him!!! :golfclap:

Here are some pix that I took today...

entrance.jpg

Entrance to the show at the Charlotte Convention Center today.

cute-babes.jpg

Some hot babes at the show!

Greggy-and-girl.jpg

Who said greggy isn't a babe magnet??

capt-comics.jpg

capt. comics here on the boards (in the red shirt)

Baltimore-fights.jpg

The Baltimore Con guys fighting over a bottle of "something"?

Batman-1.jpg

Nice looking book!!!

David-Shankle.jpg

"Local" dealer, and good friend, David Shankle and his son.

Dale--friends.jpg

?????????????

Gator-and-Bill.jpg

Bill and Gator, hard at work! Very nice to meet you guys. Hope to see you back next year.

TT.jpg

I don't think Richard looked up the whole show.

Chris-and-Michael.jpg

Chris Foss and Michael Goldman talking about Showcases and real estate!!!

Nick-Cardy.jpg

Super artist and super nice guy, Nic Cardy. (thumbs u

Michael-Golden.jpg

Michael Golden

Greg-White.jpg

Greg White

Harley.jpg

Mr. popularity. Everytime I came by his booth someone was talking his picture!!!!

Greggy-and-friends.jpg

greggy and friends.

That's it for me. I understand there are many mor pix and reports to come.

All and all, it was a great con. Can't wait till next year!

— Rick

GF - speaking as a non-collector (but I always liked them) I though it was a lot of fun. I bought stuff too, watched a grown man cry getting a tattoo, and people watched a lot of stuff! I had fun watching all the people in costume! The Jack N. Joker, Heath L Joker, storm troopers, Iron Man, Batman, Superman, Supergirl, Ghostbusters, Cptn America, Klingons, and so much more. I think anyone would have fun, regardless of interest in comics! There is so much more there to do than just that! For the record, I was perfectly willing to sit and read while he shopped some more. He was just worried about me and my health issues. These are some pictures I took myself.

cptnamerica.jpg

This is Rob, a friend of a good friend of mine, they were both working the Monstore booth. This pic was his idea, came out great! He also had a great Batman costume.

stormtroopers.jpg

My only regret, I didn't get a pic of Iron Man for my boys.

I have not been to a "big" show since 2002. What a great time. I had a ball. I no longer look for raw books, unless its Peanuts and their appearances, its tough for me to go to a show to find high grade Adams books. Although, hopefully I get an upgrade via Dale Roberts on one of my Adams books. I went not expecting much other than to look, oogle at the silver and GA stuff and just have fun window shopping/looking.

What I found was that I got lost in the creators / writers / artists area of the con. I can't say if Charlotte has a large area for this but there seemed to be a huge number and a very wide variety. I got a great series of books for my kids and some action figures, I found someone to do some drawings of my kids (luckily carried pics with me) as characters. My boy will be drawn as a jedi and my little girl as a fairie. Can't wait to see them. Some of the business cards and little drawings of dragons and such were a big hit when I got home as well. So I came away with one upgrade book for my collection and lots of stuff for the kids.

Got to meet Joe Jusko, Don Rosa and Robert Beerbohm as well. I got to meet Watson and Arexcrooke who I had to thank for the Mass copies tip! And also saw one of the neatest ideas I have seen by my favorite artist. Seems Neal Adams took a cover and got the outline in black and white, HoS #? (the doll maker) and hand colored / inked it as a recreation type. Really tempted to get one.

Good time for me!

Just got home, man am I tired! Got to meet a lot of boardie's! I can't remember them all but here they are: Bill ( traded and bought with, super nice guy!), Rick with his awesome books (and just a great down to earth guy ), Arex, Nik ( he bought a nice double cover FF from me :) ) , Joeypost, and a few others that I just can't remember the names, sorry!

Had a good time at the show, and did a really nice trade, I'll post a pic of what I picked up tomorrow evening. :)

David

Here are some pictures from the board dinner Friday night

Sorry for the poor quality........they were taken with my phone camera

boarddinner1.jpg

Tyler....a local collector/dealer, ciorac (Bill) and buttock (Dan)

Here are some pictures from the board dinner Friday night

I guess the pics of me didn't come out...

:shy:

Sorry Wally ......it didn't turn out as well......I'm horrible at taking pics I suppose

Think LBJARM has some more, I'm sure he got us all and will be posting them soon.

But here it is anyways

The Nerf ........and Tyler

boarddinner5.jpg