• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for some advice, what would you do?

18 posts in this topic

I just bought a book off of Ebay, a Silver Streak #15, actually Kenny bought it for me. And the book has a tear sealed with glue, Kenny said he could get most of it off, but lets assume he cant get it all off. He also said there is a good chance the top stable was cleaned, he is not 100% sure though. The seller has offered a full refund including shipping, but no discount if I want to keep the book. What percent discount would you expect for the work mentioned. This way I can figure out what I am really paying so I can decide to keep or return the book.

Also if any of you are really up on Silver streak values, some info would also be appreciated. I know Metro has a Fr/Good for $75. I paid $240 and am hoping it is around Fine. I have just asked Kenny to give me a grade. Not sure if this book goes for around guide or not.

Bruce

Silver Streak 15 probably sells for around guide. But it is one of my favorite covers.

If it is indeed a fine $240 is a great price.

ss15.jpg

tommyfoxwood is the seller. Ze-man (kenny) thinks the book is around a 5.0-5.5 and says the seller has been very good to deal with, as I said return shipping both ways. Also he did not notice the tear seal right away and thinks the seller is honest just missed it.

Haha, seeing a moneybags collector like you post that makes me feel better taking Mr Bedrocks advice. He told me it is a very hard book to find and usually in low grade. His advice was to keep it as well.

I also can't say enough about Kenny. Wow, talk about above and beyond helping a boardie out.

Bruce

I've had okay dealings with TommyFoxwood. He used to be one of several guys who always regularly overbid me on everything GA I bid on from about 2004 to 2007! lol You got an okay deal on it.

I agree, even with the glue removed it's still a VERY nice book and a decent deal. While the glue is minor thing, it cannot ignored either because of what it might potentially do to the value if slabbed and relisted as is.

Aside from missing a small tear seal TommyFox was nothing but professional.

Glad this had a happy ending Bruce, now if we could only get Richie to sell you his 8.0.

:cloud9:

oh yeah, keep it at $240...a good price no doubt...and, it is only money, you can always make more, but you can't always find a SS 15 (thumbs u

damn, that mr bedrock must have EVERY funny book ever made in 8.0 or better doh!

It's starting to surprise me more with time that he doesn't have a Tec 27 or Action 1 (that I'm aware of) considering that.

well, you got him...he doesn't even have a superman 1... or a More Fun 52, or an Adv 40, or an AA 16... I guess maybe he really is a Timely Stud after all... but, the DC's he does have, are some of the finest :cloud9:

I have been asked by enough people about the glue on this book that I thought I would just post it here.(hope thats ok Bruce :blush: ) Here is what it looks like when you open the cover and look at the outer edge at an angle.

ssglue.jpg

damn, that mr bedrock must have EVERY funny book ever made in 8.0 or better doh!

It's starting to surprise me more with time that he doesn't have a Tec 27 or Action 1 (that I'm aware of) considering that.

well, you got him...he doesn't even have a superman 1... or a More Fun 52, or an Adv 40, or an AA 16... I guess maybe he really is a Timely Stud after all... but, the DC's he does have, are some of the finest :cloud9:

Absolutely. Maybe, like the Cylons, he has a plan.