• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nightwing Question

10 posts in this topic

I didn't do any homework on this, but I wondering if someone would just tell me the answer...

Nightwing ongoing series = $10 from OS (apparently the only book of value in the whole series)

Nightwing mini series....worthless....??

Why is this? print run? new costume?

That's actually a pretty good question... even back when Nightwing was really, really hot and the book was closer to $20, the mini never really picked up any heat. Maybe it was that incredibly stupid pony tail or the poor quality of the mini... who knows... But hey, sometimes that's just the way things go... fans latch on to the true #1 book... although you can now start to find Nightwing #1 in some $2 bins... that's where I reacquired mine, and the guy had 10 of them in there... all about vf/nm... pretty decent copies.

I think you are right....it is a known fact that mini series rarely hold their value against a later #1.

Except for the Punisher Limited Series and Wolverine Limited Series...

I can't really remember whether the punisher l.s. was still hot when the punisher was hot in the late 80s early 90s, but I do know that you could acquire the LS cheaply in the late 90s... lately though, the book has seen a little renewed interest... and those great Zeck covers!

Ha! is that right... well, if that's so, then people ought start buying the LS #1 furiously...!

Anyway, it just goes to show that Punisher books, are in my opinion, a lousy book to put any money in aside from if you love the character (and there are cool aspects to the character).

Incidentally... I've been told by several dealers that ASM #129 is a book available in some quantity (although recently snapped up) and that one of the worst books to put money in are the punisher books and of course, asm #129 as well. Totally over valued.

For about 6 months there, everything Nightwing (including the statue) were going through the roof... Nightwing #1 was a $18-20 book, and I sold mine when it hit about $15 or $16... I actually like the character and the book, but like most moderns, there isn't much of a chance to hold it's value so flip it when it's hot... and then buy the trade later.