• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you make of this rant?

36 posts in this topic

Sounds very similar to the rant I got from a seller...would not be shocked to find out it's the same guy. Probably is. It's just desperation, really.

The "rumors" are not "hype", nor are they rumors. They are well documented fact.

And the screaming about getting "THREE DIFFERENT GRADES" is just over the top ridiculous. What were those grades, 6.5, 6.0, and 7.0? Of course, we don't know, but that's a likely scenario. If eBay sellers graded that consistently over the years, I'd be dancing in the streets.

And this charge about rumors to "keep CGC on top as the grading company that is linked to big dealers for OVERCHARGED MONEY" (whatever the hell THAT mess of a sentence means in English) just fails to wash in the internet/eBay age.

Do these people just utterly close their minds to the fact that the vast majority....I daresay 75%+...of the values of ALL CGC books sold were determined by BIDDERS in no-reserve, open auctions, especially from 2000-2003? And that the sellers who use GPA to come up with prices NOW are using that same information established by BIDDERS, not DEALERS? That nobody had any CLUE that an Amazing Spiderman #300 in 9.8 was worth $700-$1000 until one actually SOLD for that amount....?

When does logic ever enter into the equation....?

I make that he's a ding dong and is totally clueless. You can't help the blind. They are blind because they choose to be blind.

And ding dongs choose to be ding dongs.

I've only ever bought 1 PGX book. Well....they were CGG at the time. It was a 9.4 W copy of X-MEN 130. Came back a 9.6 OW/W from CGC.

Up until the time we saw endless hordes of 9.9 PGX books on eBay from one particular seller, the've been a more consistent bet. Oh, forgot about the local seller...oh and the restored books coming back...oh and the doctored photos...oh and the Walt Disney trim jobs...oh and the married covers...

oh never mind... doh!

I've only ever bought 1 PGX book. Well....they were CGG at the time. It was a 9.4 W copy of X-MEN 130. Came back a 9.6 OW/W from CGC.

Up until the time we saw endless hordes of 9.9 PGX books on eBay from one particular seller, the've been a more consistent bet. Oh, forgot about the local seller...oh and the restored books coming back...oh and the doctored photos...oh and the Walt Disney trim jobs...oh and the married covers...

oh never mind... doh!

Isolated incident. :gossip:

Definately don't agree with the guy count.

"Metropolis Comics, WHO INVENTED THE 0.5 - 10 GRADING SCALE"

Really?

But do they know how to use it? hm

I wouldn't really call what he said a rant. Sounds like he is a user of PGX and he is simply backing what he uses.

Before you guys jump him, it looks like he recanted once he read that link.

Scary stuff in there

The recanter and the seller who is the subject of this thread are two different people....

(thumbs u